Chapter 27

chapter 27

Returning back to my normal, boring life was increasingly depressing after spending nearly the entire night under that stupid tree with Zayn. Embarrassingly enough, I had managed to fall asleep, drooling on his shoulder like a deprived fleabag and he’d only woken me up at around 3’o clock simply because it was time to go.

The silver lining was that I’d found myself snuggled in his leather jacket that smelt like heaven.

It was divine.

I sighed to myself as I was now forced to go to work and see the stupid people that I worked with and see the stupid man that I worked for and see the stupid idiots that ate at the diner.

You have to understand, experts claim that this stage of the relationship was the honeymoon or the stage where everything is perfect and nothing can keep a frown on your face.

That is complete and utter bullshit.

I missed Zayn and I missed the hell out of him because when I wasn’t with him, I didn’t know what to do with myself. It’s like I never existed before him and now I wondered how the hell I got by without knowing what his lips felt like when they were on mine. I missed Zayn and that made me grumpy as hell.

Oh my god, I was turning into a depressed teenage girl.

I was turning into Ella.

Speaking of siblings, Jose had finally remembered that he did in fact, have two younger sisters and oh look, decided to give them a call.

How thoughtful of him.

I hung up on his lazy ass. I was gutted. Ever since he’d gotten married it felt like he lived on another planet with that stupid woman.

She’s fucking evil.

Well anyway, apparently he was returning to Bradford in two days.

I don’t know why I was so mad at him, why I felt so distant from him now. It’s been a year since the wedding but I was still so bitter. I don’t know. I was very close to Jose, as siblings should be, but when he got married, he began looking down at me like I was a bothersome and runny-nosed child pulling on the leg of his crisp business pants. It bothers the hell out of me because when I think of it, I only have a few people in my life. A very small amount of people actually mean something to me. So when someone leaves or whatever, it hurts twice as much.

Think hunger pangs in your heart.

Anyways.

I had replied to Liam’s text. He was coming over secretly because dumb questions would be brought to the surface if Zayn or one of the other boys found out that Liam and I were in greater contact. And Liam was a bit wary about the entire thing.

It was Monday afternoon when he dropped by, I had just come home from work when the bell rang.

“I’m not getting it!” Ella screamed.

“Surprise, surprise.” I murmured to myself as I walked towards the door and pulled it open.

To my horror, there were not one but two people standing on my porch. I saw Liam and Harry standing there. Harry was smiling widely and Liam was giving me an extremely sorry look.

“Hi.” I said, confused.

“Eliza! I rang yesterday, I needed your medical exam review from last year.”

Okay.

“Right… Yeah, they’re in my.. room, come in.” I led them into the lounge and they sat down on the couch.