Chapter 1

Copyright © 2015 Amanda McGregor         

 It was late one Sunday night when Adele couldn't sleep that she decided to look up her family tree. She had never had much family, just her mom and her. Her dad left when she was just a baby. Though times were hard when she was young, her mom always found a way to make it. Adele had just celebrated her 25th birthday last weekend, she wished for more family. She decided this would be one way to make her wish come true.

      She began by searching for one of those genealogical websites and came upon one that looked fairly well put together. Taking a deep breath she joined the site and entered her information. After she hit enter a little leaf popped up, she clicked on it and was surprised to see she was linked with someone's family tree. Clicking on her name brought her to their family tree. Richard's Family Tree. She thought that was odd, her last name is Rosley. She sees it has her parents linked to her name, Mother- Emily Marie Jackson, Father- Jakob Kyle Rosley. Clicking the accept hint button it brings her to a page with information about her, but she knows something has to be wrong as it says she has siblings.

        Upset and not sure what to do she clicks on the name of the tree creator NavyManRS. It brings her to a profile where he says that he does research for friends and if you have any questions send him a message. When she finds the message button she clicks to write him a quick note.

Title: Wrong Information

Message: Dear NavyManRS,

        I'm not sure how to start this message. I'm new to all this but when I put in my information it linked me to your Richard's family tree. My name is Adele Rose Rosley. My parents are Emily Marie Jackson & Jakob Kyle Rosley. However you have down that I have siblings and well I'm an only child. My father left when I was young and I've had no contact with the man. I just wanted to let you know.

                                                                                                                                              Sincerely,

                                                                                                                                                       Adele

       After she sent the message, she realized that it was 2 am. Frustrated and exhausted she decided to go to bed. She had to be at work early in the morning to be able to take her mother to the doctor. Her mother hadn't been feeling well lately and she prayed that this wasn't something serious.