Chapter 16

Adele was worried about her mom being alone, so she suggested stopping to pack a bag to stay over. Emily said "No. I need some time at home to pack and what not. I'm going to contact a realtor and I want the place clean when they come to appraise it. This weekend we can pack up what I want to keep and I'll move there." Adele said "Alright Mom but if you feel even the least bit off you call me. I'm only 15 minutes away." She hugged her girl and said "I will. Now you and Mac go on. I'll be fine." She hugged Mac and said "Don't let her worry too much. She needs to relax for a while." He laughed and said "I'll do my best." Adele said "I'll see you tomorrow Mom. I love you." Emily smiled and said "I love you too baby girl. Now scoot."

Mac and Adele walked back to the jeep and he opened her door. Once she slid in he leaned over and kissed her softly. "She'll be okay Adele. She needs her own time to get ready. Now where do you want to go first? The bakery or do you want me to take you home?" Adele placed her hand on his cheek and said "Take me to the bakery, I need to bake right now. You can be my tester." He turned his head and kissed her palm before getting in to drive. Once they were on the way Mac said "Baby I have something to talk to you about." Adele looked over at him and said "What's that?" He said "I talked to my CO and I have about 4 months of R & R time saved up. I've been so busy I haven't taken time off in years. What if I go ahead and take it? It will free me up to go with you to do anything for your mom and I won't be deployed during that time."

Adele just stared at him, How did I luck into this amazing man? It's so soon but I'm falling for him hard. She leaned over and kissed his cheek and whispered "You really can do that?" He pulled over into the nearest parking lot and pulled her closer. "All you have to do is say you want me to. One text to my CO and he will start the paperwork." She kissed him and said "I would love for you to take the time off. But can you deal with 4 months out of the mix?" He laughed and said "I can for you Baby." She kissed him one more time and said "Let's get to the bakery. I think I'm going to make your cupcakes." He had to grin at that and started driving again.

     They pulled into the bakery a few minutes later and he got out to open her door. As they walked into the bakery he had his arms around her waist. Linda looked shocked and Rich was sitting at a table eating a cupcake. Adele smiled and said "Linda I see you met my brother. This is Mac, Mac this is my best friend Linda." Linda said "Your Brother?" Rich looked down and said "I wasn't sure if you wanted me to tell anyone who I was. I just told her I was a friend." Adele crossed to Rich and said "You can tell anyone you want who you are Rich. Just because we didn't know each other growing up doesn't change that were siblings. Do you know how many of my friends are going to be after me to introduce them to you once they find out." He laughed at that and said "Isn't there some rule about dating your sister's friends?" Adele had to laugh and said "I don't know. Isn't there a rule you can't date your brother's friends?" They both looked at Mac and busted out laughing. Rich said "If there are I think that one may have been broken. Besides you picked a great guy even if he is my best friend. That's what matters Sis."

        Linda said "Wait a minute! You left this morning, my best friend who refuses to date, and is an only child. You come back with a brother and a guy wrapped around you? What the heck happened?" Adele said "Mac is my boyfriend. We met online while he was looking for me for Rich. Rich is my brother through my father. They are both Navy SEALs stationed here. I'll explain more later." Mac came over to the table with us and sat down saying "This place smells amazing." Rich laughed and said "I'll never get to go home now. You know how hard it will be to get him out of here?" Adele laughed and said "So what do you want to try Mac?" He grinned and said "Anything I'm not picky at all." Adele rolled her eyes and walked over to the case and pulled out a couple candies, a couple squares of fudge and a slice of cheesecake. She brought it over and he pulled her down into his lap. She started laughing when the door opened and the sheriff walked in. He said "Adele are these guys bothering you?" She looked irritated and said "No Joe they aren't. Can we help you with something?" He said "Actually I was just coming by to let you know the guys loved the new popovers you sent." He looked pissed off and she said "Oh Joe I guess I should introduce you since you'll see a lot of these two. This is my brother Rich." She pointed across the table and then looked affectionately at Mac and said "This is Mac, my boyfriend." Joe sucked in a breath and said "Boyfriend? Since when? You don't date remember?" Mac pulled her tighter down into his lap and said "Oh is this the Joe that can't take a hint?" She smacked his arm and he chuckled.

         She said "Mac and I've been talking but we made it official now. I've never cared to date until I met Mac. Anyway tell the guys I'm glad they like them. They will be one of the new items coming out. When is the next birthday?" She looked and Joe looked disappointed but said "Friday is Mike's then none for another few weeks. And before you ask Mike likes Chocolate." She smiled and said "Oh I know he does. Lilly comes in a couple times a week for his chocolate fix." Adele looked at the clock and saw it was 7:30. The shop didn't close until 8:00 but they usually started clean up around this time. Linda caught her eye and said "Hey Adele, I forgot to tell you there were some leftovers from this morning's pastries. Do you want me to take them to the shelter on my way home?" Adele smiled gratefully and said "That would be great I've got a lot of prep work to do tonight. And I have a special recipe I'm going to make tonight. We'll see if it makes it onto the menu or not."

          Joe said "What are you working on? The guys and I will be glad to try them." Adele looked at Mac and said "Sorry Joe if they make it on the menu, y'all can try them. These are a special thing." Joe looked from one to the other and realized he should give up. You could see their feelings for each other ran deep. Sighing he said "Alright well y'all have a good night." As soon as he closed the door, Linda started laughing. Rich said "What's so funny?" Mac grinned and Adele said "Joe has asked me out every day for over a year. No matter how many times I've told him I don't date. Or I just wasn't interested. Linda cracks up every time after he leaves. Maybe he'll leave me be now!" Mac said "He better leave my girl alone. Now about these amazing sweets, there is a gym close right? I'm gonna need it." That made them all laugh harder.

      Linda said "Ok so time to tell me how your mom is. How was the doctor?" Adele looked over to Mac and he said "Baby why don't you let me tell her? You go on back and start what you need to start. I'll come back there when I'm done." She leaned over and kissed him before whispering "Thank You." He stroked her hair and kissed her forehead before she walked into the back. After she walked into the back Mac told Linda what all had happened and where they would go from here.