Chapter 17

Adele was deep into mixing her batter for the cupcakes, when Mac wrapped his arms around her waist. He nuzzled the back of her neck and kissed her on the nape. She sighed and said "How did Linda take the news?" He said "She's upset and wants to help if she can. Rich is talking with her, trying to calm her down. You know he keeps looking at her when she's not looking." Adele laughed and said "You think he likes her?" He smiled and said "Oh I would say I'm pretty sure." Mac held her tight as he slipped his finger in the bowl she was mixing. She caught him and popped his hand laughing. She said "You Sir can't distract me to get a taste." He started laughing and said "I think I just did Baby."

She leaned her head back to kiss him and said "These won't get made with you right here. When you are this close all I want is to be in your arms. So go sit over there or get my laptop out of the office and distract yourself."  He smiled down at her and said "But I want you right here in my arms Baby." She smiled and said "Later Mac. If I let the batter set too long they won't set right. I do have a project for you though." He raised an eyebrow and said "What's that?" She said "Grab my laptop." He walked into her office and retrieved it for her, she pointed to a spot where he could plug it in. He said "Okay what's the project?" She said "Well you are the master of research right?" He laughed and said "Well I don't know about master but I'm pretty good." She leaned over his shoulder and said "So modest. Okay research things to do in Texas. She wants to go to Dallas, San Antonio, Galveston, and Houston. Also look into hotels and stuff, I've gotta figure out how long this trip will take and prep to be gone. I'll have to hire in a helper for Linda too."

Mac said "No problem Babe, got a pad of paper?" She pointed him back to the office and went back to baking. Though she was certainly distracted with him sitting in her kitchen, she finally popped the cupcakes into the oven. Once she was done she walked over and wrapped her arms around his neck. He immediately reached up and captured her hands with his before kissing her palm. She said "Mac I really don't want to be alone tonight." He said "Was I planning to leave you alone tonight?" She didn't respond so he looked back and she was staring at the floor. He pulled her around where he could look into her face and said "Baby, I'm not going anywhere unless you want me to." She leaned in, kissed him and whispered "You know about that R & R time?" He smiled and said "Did you decide?" She smiled and said "Take it Mac. If you're sure you want to, I want you to." Mac smiled and picked up his phone, made sure she could see the screen then started the conversation.

Mac: Need you to start that R & R paperwork ASAP. All 4 months.

CO: I brought it home with me just in case. Figured you might need it. I'll put a rush on it son.

Mac: Thanks. How long do you think?

CO: You have a week off after that last mission. Should know something by then.

Mac: K. let me know when you do. I'll drop Adele's paperwork off tomorrow.

CO: Sounds good.. Get some sleep soldier.. That's an order.

Mac: I'm on leave I don't have to take orders :-P Sir!

CO: Smartass! Give that girl a hug and tell her we'll get it taken care of.

Mac: Will do Sir. Thanks Again!

Mac said "So he will know by the end of the week. So how long do you think it will take to hire in help?" Adele grinned and said "A day or two. I know a couple of just out of school teens that need a job. But I'm going to have to pre-mix somethings and freeze or leave instructions. Linda is good back here but her style is a little different and she's not use to the full time baking. So what did you find out so far?" Mac grinned and said "Well the drive will take a little over 20 Hours straight through, but I figure if we leave here early and make it a ways we'll stop in the evening at a hotel. That way we're in no hurry and if she needs to stop we can. That's to Dallas. From Dallas to Houston is 3 ½ hours. Houston to Galveston is 1 ½ hours. Galveston to San Antonio is a little over 4 hours. San Antonio to back here is 23 hours. I'm fixing to look up hotels now. Things to do will be next."  Adele kissed him softly and said "I don't know what I would have done without you today Mac." He held her close and said "You won't have to find out Baby." Mac couldn't get enough of holding her, I'm already in love with you and I'm not going anywhere, he added silently. He started searching things while she went back to baking.

Adele kept glancing towards Mac deep in thought. Is it too soon to know I love him? He's so wonderful and supportive. My heart knows it's his already. If I told him would he think I was crazy? She sighed waiting for her timer to go off. He heard her sigh and turned "You ok Baby?" She smiled at him and said "I'm ok Mac just thinking." He said "Care to talk about it?" She laughed and said "No not yet." He nodded his head and turned back to his hotel search. Then spoke up again "Baby what type of rooms? There are different ones. Like there's queen, king, double queen, double full, or suites with 1 or 2 bedrooms." She said "Whichever way would be cheaper I guess. If we go with regular rooms we will need 2, if we do a double room we might still need 2, the suites would be nice but I'm sure they are pricey." He said "Depends how long we stay. There's also little beach houses you can rent in Galveston. I'll look at extended stay places and also see what it is with my military discount." She said "You get a discount at hotels?" He laughed and said "Baby I get discounts everywhere."

She giggled and said "Maybe I need to add one here. We don't get many Military in here." He laughed and said "You are dating a SEAL Baby. You're little shop will be flooded with SEALs. Especially when Rich and I tell the guys about this place." Her timer went off and she pulled the Cupcakes out and placed them in the cooler. She started mixing the filling as he watched her off and on. After they cooled a bit she cored them using a special tool. Then pipped in the filling before finishing them with a Cheesecake fudge icing and two thin slices of strawberries making it look like a heart on top. When she looked up he was staring at her fascinated by her concentration. She smiled, slid them made into the cooler again, and set a timer for 10 minutes. She slid two other trays of items into the ovens while they waited.