Chapter 26

Mac woke up well before dawn the next morning and layed there watching Adele sleep. They had to be up and moving in the next couple of hours, but for now he would lay here watching the woman he loved rest. He slowly leaned closer to her and kissed her forehead before whipering "I love you Adele. I sure hope you agree to be my wife." She started to move around and he thought she might wake, before she settled back down to sleep.He grinned and slipped out of bed to load the jeep and start breakfast. 

An hour later Adele came down stairs and smiled at the sight before her. Mac was at the stove shirtless and singing quietly while he cooked. She snuck out her phone and videoed the little scene before her. He happened to turn around and stopped singing. 

He cleared his throat and said "Hi Baby I didn't hear you get up." She started to giggle and said "Clearly. You are so adorable." He came over and pulled her to him kissing her deeply, before saying "Good Morning Beautiful."

She held onto him and smiled, before saying "Good Morning to you Handsome. Breakfast smells amazing." He led her to the table and pulled out her chair, as she sat down he kissed the top of her head. He brought her a plate and said "Eat up Baby. We've got to head out in about an hour. I've already packed the jeep but figured you would make sure I didn't forget anything."

After they finished breakfast he ran up to finish getting dressed and Adele went around making sure they weren't forgetting anything. As she opened the pantry to make sure he had grabbed the bag of snacks someone grabbed her waist and she squealed. He couldn't help but laugh as she smacked him for scaring her. He finally caught his breath and said " I'm sorry Babe! You were just concentrating so hard you didn't hear me. It was perfect though."

She shook her head at him and laughed softly. He scooped her up into his arms and kissed her forehead. As he did she had a flash of memory from this morning of him whispering he loved her. She shook her head and snuggled into him. He said "Well it's time to hit the road! Did I miss anything?"

She smiled and said "You know you didn't Mr. Details. So are you going to put me down so I can walk?" He laughed and said "Nope. I can lock the door and shut everything off with you right here in my arms."

Once he closed up the house, he carried her to the car and grinned. He said "See I told you I could do it while carrying you! Now lets go get your mom, and get this show on the road! I've got reservations made and hope we can get through a few states today. I'm hoping we can make Atlanta tonight but if not i'll just change our reservations a bit. Where were staying in Texas is a bit outside of Dallas , but I think y'all will like it."

They arrived to pick up Emily and told her their goal for the day but to tell them if she needed to stop. She laughed and said "Y'all act like i'm dying or something." Which made Adele instantly tear up and Mac reached over to squeeze her hand before replying "Nope just want it clear we are on your schedule Emily. I think it will take 2 days to make Dallas. But if it takes 3 no big deal!" And so they started their road trip, laughing and making jokes while Emily watched the joy on her daughter's face.