Chapter 28

The next morning they were up and moving early. Mac planned to be into Dallas by the time they finished today. He spoke up and said "If we make as good of time today we should reach Texas today. I have a little surprise though." Emily said "What's that?" Mac grinned and said "We won't be staying in Dallas. I found this nice little ranch a bit outside Dallas, but close enough we can do whatever you want in the city. It's called Roselynn Ranch. They have a website you can look up, it's family run. I thought it might be a nice place to stay for a few days before we move on."

          Emily gasped and said "That's wonderful Mac! Thank You! Adele look up the site, I want to see it." Adele pulled it up and handed the phone back to her mom and looked over at Mac. Her mom had said she wanted to spend a day at a ranch and now they would be staying at one. She leaned over and kiss just below his ear, whispering "You are amazing Mac. I'm so lucky to have a sweet man like you."

         He pulled her closer to him and whispered "I love you Adele. I can't imagine my life without you." She gasped and looked into his eyes, whispering "I love you too Mac." She softly kissed him and said "I can't believe it's only been a week." He laughed and said "Seems like alot longer."

        Emily oblivious to what was transpiring in the front seat said "Oh Adele look how beautiful this place is! How many days did you plan here Mac?" He cleared his throat and said "I figured we would stay 3 or 4 days. I spoke with one of the owners and she said if we wanted to extend our stay she wouldn't have a problem doing it. I explained the situation a bit."

        Adele smiled at him and looked at her mom, before saying "We can stay as long as you want Momma. We blocked out a few weeks but Mac and I talked before we left. I can ask Linda to handle the shop and Mac is on leave." Emily smiled and said "I'm glad it's not a super tight timeline. I think this place will be amazing." Adele's phone chimed and she had to grin, before saying "Rich is checking in."

R: How's the trip going? How's Emily?

A: She seems to be doing okay. We stayed outside of Nashville last night. Mac thinks we'll make

Dallas today.

R: He's behaving himself right? I don't need to kick his ass when he gets back?

A: He's been great. He loves me!

R: Anyone can see that Adele! lol

A: He told me he loves me.

R: I'm glad he finally got around to it. I bet you told him you did too.

A: Of course I did! I do love him Richy!

R: Richy? Really? Are we 12?

A: Lol I didn't know you when we were 12 so if I want to call you Richy I can.

R: Already a Brat!

A: Always! Gotta make up for lost time.

R: I'm glad he found you Addie.

A: I'm glad he did too. I need a favor though.

R: Anything.

A: Make peace with our father. Life is short Richy we none know when it will change.

R: I'll try Addie. I love you Sis.

A: I love you too Richy.