Chapter 31

Dakota showed them to the cabin and Adele said "Oh it's beautiful! Thank You Dakota for showing us the way!" Dakota smiled and said "Glad to have y'all here with us. Hope you folks enjoy your stay. If you need anything don't hesitate to holler." Mac shook hands with him and thanked him.

    They all went inside to get settled, Emily yawned and said "I'm really tired kids. I think i'll go see how comfortable my bed is." Adele said "What about dinner?" Emily smiled and said "I'm not that hungry Honey. Why don't you two go explore while I take a nap. I'll grab something when I get up later." Adele looked at her for a moment and then said "Okay, but call us if you need us."

        After Emily had disappeared down the hall Adele turned to Mac and said "She sure is tired today. Do you think we should worry?" Mac wrapped her in his arms and said "Not yet Baby. We both know she didn't sleep well last night, Maybe it's just that. We will watch her though if she stays this way or shows other symptoms we'll talk to Jesse the doctor. Now why don't we walk back down to the main house and check things out."

    They walked hand and hand down toward the main house, stopping at the corral fence near the barn. Adele stepped back into Mac's arms when a horse stuck it's head over the fence. Mac started laughing and hugged her close saying "It knows how sweet you are and thought you were made of sugar." The big black horse nudged her arm again with it nose and she made a squeaking noise.

     They heard a deep laugh behind them and Dakota appeared next to them reaching out to scratch behind the horses ears. Dakota said "She won't hurt you. This here is Flame, she's Brie's horse. She is super friendly and usually will nudge you until you scratch her behind the ears, won't ya girl?" The horse snorted at his question while leaning into the hand scratching her. They were sitting there chatting when Dixie ran up out of breath and said "Daddy!!! Momma's water just broke!!"

      Dakota tipped his hat and ran off after his daughter. Mac laughed and said "Well looks like they will be busy for a while. Would you like to walk around a bit more?" All the while he had the ring he had bought in his pocket, waiting for the right moment to ask her to marry him. They started walking around the ranch and came across a beautiful pond with trees and benches scattered around.

      Mac lead her over to one and she noticed there was an inscription. She said "Look there's something written here. 'My heart knew from the moment I met you it was complete. I will forever worship you my love. Always, Your Cowboy." She turned back around to find Mac down on one knee, he took her hand and said " Adele I know this must seem crazy, but you hooked me with the first message you sent. It may seem to soon but what does time matter when it's right? When I walked into that waiting room and held you I knew I would never let you go, if it was up to me. You changed our entire world with an innocent message. So I need to ask you the most important question i've ever asked anyone. Will you Marry me?"

     Adele was shocked and amazed, tears streamed down her face as she listened to his proposal. When he finished she threw her arms around him and kissed him before replying "Yes of course I will marry you! I love you Mac!" Mac grinned and slid the ring into place before saying "I love you so much Adele."