Chapter 34

Emily made her way to her room after an hour or so with the kids. As she was getting ready to lay back down, she felt dizzy. She knew this was one of the things the doctor had warned her about before their meeting with Adele and Mac. She slipped one of the many pill bottles the doctor had ordered out of her bag. She sighed before taking one of the pills, knowing it would make her sleepy tomorrow morning. She really hated losing more time with the kids, she wanted to spend some time with each of them. She wanted to get to know Mac, knowing he was the son she had never had.

       Emily knew she had a little while before the medicine kicked in so she picked up her notebook and started a letter to Adele. Adele was her heart and soul, the reason she fought so hard to keep them safe all these years. She wanted her to know how much she loved her and how proud she was of her. She also needed to know about special accounts and things Emily had and kept secret for her future.

                                                                               ~ <3 ~ <3 ~ <3 ~<3 ~

        Adele slipped into Mac's arms as they sat watching the night sky. He kissed her temple and said "What's wrong Baby?" Adele smiled and sighed deeply before replying "Something is wrong Mac. I think Mom is feeling worse but not saying anything. I don't want to push the subject, but I'm worried about this trip. It seems to be wearing her out."

        Mac pulled her in closer and said "I think she knows that Baby. I suggested if she didn't feel up to continuing we extend our stay here at the ranch. There's something I wanted to run by you." She turned to look at him and said " This sounds serious." He said "It is, How would you like to have our wedding right here?" Adele smiled and said "I would love it Mac! It's so beautiful here!"

       She kissed him and it was several moments later before they pulled back. He said "What if we do it in two weeks? That way were sure Emily will be strong enough to celebrate with us?" Adele was speechless, she couldn't help but think about how she got so lucky! He was amazingly sweet, funny and caring. He talked about his feeling and didn't have any problem explaining things that were new to her. She smiled and said "Yes Mac, I will marry you in two weeks, right here! I love you!"

      He pulled her close and said "I love you too Adele. Now we better call your brother and Linda. Tell them they need to make the trip here in two weeks. I'll talk to Dakota tomorrow to make sure they can accommodate a wedding and the people needing rooms." She kissed him and said "I'll have to go find a dress too. Might have to use your jeep." He laughed and said "We have a lot to plan and a short time to do it. I say we head up to bed and get some rest after we call Rich and Linda. Who knows they may even be together, when I talked to him earlier he was helping at the bakery." Adele laughed and said "Hopefully Linda made him work the counter. The sales were through the roof when you were both behind the counter."