Chapter 10

Mac was waiting by the computer as his phone rang, he looked at the ID and saw it was his CO. After a short conversation he grinned. She's smart and cautious, that's good. As he hung up the message came through. He couldn't help letting out a little whoop when he saw she included her phone number. He grabbed his phone, added her number and quickly sent her the picture with the caption 'So what do you think?'

He heard a pounding on the door and laughed when his buddy yelled "Get out of bed Old Man!!" He closed down his computer so Rich wouldn't see anything and pocketed his phone. Opening the door he hugged his friend and invited him in. He and Rich started to catch up when his phone went off.

Adele: Defiantly hot ;) I can tell which one is Rich, we do look somewhat alike. But which one are YOU Mac?

Mac: On the right next to Rich. Where is your picture?

Adele: Yum ;-) Sending now, warning you though that I take really bad pictures and my friend snapped this one when I wasn't aware.

    Mac laughed and Rich looked at him funny. "What's so funny?" Mac said "Sorry it was something she said." Rich made a grab for his phone and Mac slid it out of reach. Rich said "She who??? What the hell man? You holding out on me? Did you meet a woman?" Mac grinned and said "I met someone alright. Don't give me that crap about holding out on you. I haven't talked to you in a couple of weeks." Rich laughed and said "Exactly so where did you meet her and when did you have time?" Mac's phone went off and he said "We met online recently. But there's just something about her man. It hasn't been long but I'm drawn to her like no one before." He opened his phone to a picture of Adele, Oh Damn she's gorgeous! She was average height around 5'6 – 5'8, long dark hair, bright blue eyes and curves. She does look like Rich a bit. Her eyes, and hair match him.

Mac: You are Beautiful Adele.

Adele: Now you have me blushing Mac! What are you doing?

Mac: Rich is here and keeps trying to steal my phone to find out what I'm smiling about.

Adele: What are you smiling about?

Mac: Do you really have to ask that?

Adele: I asked didn't I?

Mac: I like talking to you Adele, probably more then I should.

        Mac held his breath, he didn't want to scare her. Hell he didn't want to screw up his relationship with Rich either, but there was something here. Something he really wanted to explore. She was only 30 minutes away and that wasn't a bad commute. He would have to talk to Rich though, after she gave the go ahead that is. He talked with Rich and watched the clock, it had been 15 minutes since he had sent it. Why couldn't I have left it at I like talking to her? After it had been 45 minutes he was cursing himself and Rich noticed. "Dude I screwed up. I told her I like talking to her, probably more than I should. She hasn't responded. It's been like 45 minutes." Rich laughed and said "Man you have it bad. Maybe she's busy? I've never seen you worked up over a woman this way." Just as he was about to respond his phone chimed.

Adele: I like talking to you too Mac. Sorry it took me so long I was driving my mom to the doctor.

Mac: Is she ok?

Adele: I'm not sure. She's been sick for a while. They have done some testing, but called us in to do more. We're supposed to be here a while. My best friend is watching the bakery.

Mac: I'm sorry she's sick. What are they testing for?

Adele: She won't tell me and that scares me Mac. We talk about everything.

Mac: If you want me to drive there all you have to do I say so and I'll be on my way.

Adele: You hardly know me Mac.

Mac: But I want to Adele.

Adele: I don't want to come between you and Rich.

Mac: You won't. He'll understand.

Adele: Are you sure?

Mac: I'm sure. He already knows about you, not who you are. Just that you are someone I met and really want a chance to get to know.

Adele: Tell him the truth of who I am Mac. I don't want him thinking you were hiding something. But please let him know I need time to adjust to the news before I reach out to him. I hope he will respect that.

Mac: Are you sure Adele?

Adele: Yes Mac. I'm sure.