Chapter 23

Later that afternoon Adele and Rich had to work around a line to get back into the store. Mac and Linda looked a little frazzeled to say the least. Adele looked over to Rich and grinned. "Think we should help?" Rich laughed and pulled her over behind the counter while switching spots with Linda. Mac paused in ringing up a customer to pull her into his arms and gave her a quick kiss hello. She smiled up and his and said "Go take a break babe. Looks like you've been busy!"

He laughed and grabbed two treats out of the case and plopped down next to Linda. He watched Adele as she worked with the customers, she was radiant. He sat only long enough to finish his cupcake and coffee before going back to help. Adele smiled at him and said "Mac can you take over while I refill the case?" He said "Sure thing Baby. Looks like you might get stuck baking some more tonight."

Adele took a moment to catch her breath before opening the cooling case, frosting more cupcakes and pulling more fudge and candies that had been made that morning. After several trips back to the front to stock the case she pulled out a tray of the soldier's heart cupcakes. Mac smiled at her and said "You better save me some of those Babe." Adele laughed at him and set several aside for the guys.

A customer she recognized one of the officer's wife Lilly said "Adele what are those? Are they new?" She grinned and said "These are called The SEAL's Heart. They are a new, Lilly. They are Chocolate brownie cupcake filled with strawberry cheesecake filling, and topped with a chocolate cheesecake frosting and strawberry." Lilly grinned and said "I need several of those! Mike will love them!" All 4 of them filled orders until the line was gone and Adele switched the closed sign. 

Linda said "Were still open for 4 hours!" Adele laughed and said "Not today! I'm pooped! We're closing early, look at the case, it's empty again! I bet we did triple the business we usually do!" Linda grinned and said "Maybe we should put the hotties behind the counter more often!"

The guys started laughing and Mac said "I bet we could talk some of our team to help out, give you two a day off a week when were in town." Adele grinned at him and said "Talk about a boost in sales! We can advertise that for sure! Eye candy with your sweets!" Mac pulled Adele to him and said "Maybe they can start that while we're gone. I need to run a couple errands before we leave in the morning. I was going to do it while y'all were gone to lunch but we got a tad busy."

Adele looked at him and said "I need to bake a few more batches of back up stock since we used so much today. So I will be busy for a few hours in the kitchen." He grinned and said "That's okay. I'm going to take Rich with me anyway. I need to run back to the base and pack a few things for the trip anyway. I'll call you when i'm through and meet you wherever you are Baby." Rich grinned at Mac and the look they shared made Adele wonder what they were up too.

They left a few minutes later, Adele turned to Linda and said "Those two are up to something." Linda laughed and said "Probably so, but you are just going to have to wait to find out what."