Chapter 44

Amelia stepped back in from the deck, smiling at the group, she said, "Sarah said you are welcome to the kitchen, she usually closes about 5 and is closed Sundays and Wednesdays. She doesn't mind you coming by and checking it out, or working any day of the week. In fact she said she would welcome the company. Her sister is out of town for a couple weeks, so the kitchen is quiet."

          Adele squealed and ran over to hug her, saying, "Thank You!!! This is amazing! I'll get to bake our cake!" Mac grinned and hugged her once Adele let go, laughing, He said, "You have no idea how much you just made her day! She's been fretting about the cake and we've been rushing details to fit our timeline. Thank You." Amelia hugged him harder and said, "She will be my sister, which i'm shocked at. I'm glad Bryan made the connection! It's funny to know he's friends with you and was my neighbor growing up, never knowing we were brother and sister."

          Mac grinned, saying, "I'm gonna have to harass him about not figuring it out sooner though." She laughed and slapped his arm playfully. She said, "You know he didn't know I was adopted until today! He mentioned before how funny he thought it was that his buddy and Cole looked like each other. He never connected the dots and i've been searching for years. I've seen you post before and had no clue it was you. Now because of a post I made, were standing here and those years of looking are over. Well at least for the two of us, we still have at least one sister to find."

           Mac said, "We will find her, and the agent I hope. I did receive some information earlier that may be a lead on Lucy. A buddy of mine sent some newspaper articles he found that could be related to her." She smiled up at him, saying, "That's great! It is also a conversation for another day. Today is all about getting to know you and your soon to be wife. Which by the smell of those cookies is an awesome baker and will cause your sister to gain several pounds!"

           Everyone laughed as they set down at the table to eat lunch, taking a while to get to know each other. Mac looked around the table marveling at the changes in his life. He was about to marry the woman of his dreams, his sister and nephew were sharing a meal with them, and soon his family would be arriving. It was a good day, even with the not so great news where Emily's health was concerned. He hoped and sent up a silent prayer that the medication would work and give Emily a reprieve. He was really worried she wouldn't make it to the wedding.

           Adele noticed his out of it look and squeezed his hand. Leaning of she whispered, "You ok Babe?" He smiled and brought he hand to his mouth to kiss it. He whispered, "I'm perfect Baby. Just thinking about all the wonderful things that have happened in the last few weeks." She smiled softly and said, "It has been a bit of a whirlwind, hasn't it?" He said, "The best whirlwind ever."