Chapter 15

Bre Rush POV

I awoke up in Calebs arms and wearing an itchy hospital gown. I turned the other way and saw there were people in the room. Aislyn looked up from her phone and her eyes lit up.

Aislyn screamed. "She's awoken!" Everyone's heads shot up and they all got excited. Sam ran over to me and poked me in the stomach. I made a weird noise and he laughed.

"Yup, she's definitely awake!" He laughed. I was bombarded with many questions until a stretching Caleb woke up and got a little mad.

"Woah guys, calm down. She just woke up." He was looking directly in Breanna and Scott's direction.  I brushed it off and ripped all the IV's and heart monitors off my body. A loud buzz echoed the room.

"Oops." I said turning the heart monitor off, knowing how to do this from my minor in heath sciences. A nurse came in the room and she walked over to me.

"Ma'am, I'll need to ask you to put your IV back in at least." I shook my head and crossed my arms.  A few people laughed. She had to call in other nurses because I was thrashing around and not getting the IV. While in the process of fighting one nurse, another suck up behind me and a gave me a shot. I screamed and ran behind Mitch for protection.

I yelled. "Protect me Mitch I don't need this in my life!" I started to feel weak. "Fuck this hospital I'm fine!"

After that, it was black and the cold nasty hospital floor hit me.

Caleb POV (Woah bro's a change!)

Bre hit the floor and I jumped out of the hospital bed.

"What the fuck! She was fine until you gave her a shot!" I ran over to Bre while pushing the nurses out of the way. I picked her up into my arms and she felt limp. "See what you did!" I screamed. The nurses retreated out of the room with their hands in the air.

Bre was so beautiful. Her hair was a rich shade of mahogany. It flowed in waves to adorn her glowing, porcelain-like skin. Her eyes, framed by long lashes, were a bright, emerald-green and seemed to brighten the world. A straight nose, full lips - she seemed the picture of perfection. Had she smiled, the world would sigh with contentment. Had she laughed, the world would laugh with her. And had she wept, the whole world would want to comfort her. She was perfect to me. She always has been.

Ever since we started our band as sophomore's I had known she was the one. My liking for her grew more and more everyday.  At our audition I told her it was okay and held her hand for the first time. I was nervous she would pull away but all she did was scoot even closer to me. After we got kicked off I hugged her tighter than I had previously before. I was scared she would pull away but she didn't and hugged me back with just as much force as I hugged her with. Every morning and every night I would text her just to see if she was okay. I would stop by and make random visits to be extra sure she was okay. I loved her- I love her. She means more than all my other girlfriends combined even though we weren't dating.

 She had a frame of perfection and she wouldn't see it or even notice it was there. Her voice sounded like angels and she deserves a better man than me.

I held her limp body and sat her on the hospital bed. I just want her to be safe, and some people don't want that. My head jerked towards Breanna who was hiding behind Scott.

"Why are you here?" I yelled at her. She flinched and hid her body behind Scotts even more than before.

She finally had the courage and yelled back. "She's not just your friend Caleb!" That made me so mad, I balled my fists, my rage was uncontrollable when it came to people saying things or doing things to Bre.

"Well you weren't a friend when she was depressed! All you did was call her to tell her YOUR accomplishments and not bother to ask what's she's doing or ask if her students won their show choir competition. Nothing. You weren't a friend when she left after your tony award, you were like 'I'm devastated one person didn't watch me get a stupid award' You literally could show her it if you come to visit but you never did. You were like 'Come visit me! We aren't going to visit you until we are wasted!' You haven't cared about her at all, you only have cared about yourself! You have no right to call her a friend! You left her for dead!" I thrashed at her. Breanna was in tears and couldn't move or breathe. I think I got my point across.

She took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, but she's not the only one who got hurt either! Seriously Caleb! All you do is worry about her! You probably don't even love her! You're just forcing her to love you because no one else will." Breanna snapped. I took a step back and just started bawling. Breanna was confused.

I cried. "I've had to see her in pain everyday Breanna. It hurt more than everything. I tried to help her. I tried to. I tried to keep her safe and not let her be hurt anymore. Everytime we hung out she would end up crying and not be able to do anything. It hurt so much and I really do love her..... I really do." Breanna crawled out from behind Scott and placed a hand on my back.

She started to weep herself. "I think we both misunderstood another okay? I'm sorry this all happened to her and you. You really do love her...." Breanna threw her arms around me and we cried. Sam of course started to clap and cheer. Sooner or later everyone else did too.

~

Bre woke up while were all talking and started to pretend choke me. "Mister Jones you are in deep trouble!" I laughed and pretend to choke to death. We all sat there poking each other and playing games until the doctor came in and said Bre could leave. She cheered and hugged the tall doctor.

Bre finally gets to go home with me until we go on tour with Pentatonix. And I have a surprise for her.

I hope she likes it.