Chapter 27

Bre POV

I rubbed my weary eyes and opened them to blinding sunlight. Caleb's legs were intertwined with mine. I rolled over and poked him in the stomach.

"Caleb, it's a big dayyyyy." I cooed to the sleeping bass. He mumbled and snuggled closer to me.

Caleb is the definition of a child. He also is the definition of handsome. His brunette hair perfectly aligned his heart shaped face. I have really bad eyesight, but his perfection was clear enough for me to see.

"C'mon babe, you'll know when the baby is coming. Plus babies never actually come on their due date. Let's just have a lazy day."

I giggled. "Fine, but I get to pick the movie!"

He laughed and for the first time today opened his eyes. Man, his eyes. They reflected his inner perfection. His caring and loving side. I really do love him.

"You get to pick the movie if I get to kiss you as much as I want today." I smirked.

"Caleb you gotta make a deal better than that."

Caleb furrowed his brow and put on a thinking face. "You can pick the movie if..... I get to kiss you all day and cuddle with you all day."

Wow. Even better than I wanted or expected. "Deal!" I yelled while throwing the covers off me.

Hmm what to pick. I really wanted to watch something that reflected us as a couple. I picked up the movie "Tangled". Perfect.

I hummed the Evolution of Michael Jackson while putting the disc into the DVD player.

This day will be perfect.

Caleb POV

She's absolutely perfect. The way her hair tangles at the ends, the way her nose crinkles when she laughs, the way she sticks her tongue out the slightest bit when she smiles.

I didn't care about the movie. All I cared about was her. She thinks she's ugly but to me she's perfect.

I want her to be something more to me.

A few days ago, I bought a ring.

It wasn't just any ring. It was a promise ring. I had our initials engraved on the inner ring. On the outside of the ring, there were the lyrics to our song, "Like I'm Gonna Lose You." 

I was going to ask her to be my fiancé. I got her the promise ring though instead of a wedding ring. I want her to have the wedding ring for the special day. I want her to be in awe the first time she sees it. Just like how in awe I was the first time I saw her.

Now, here she is swinging her hips back and forth while humming pentatonix songs. Man, I can't wait until she's officially mine.

The movie started to play but I didn't pay attention to it. I watched her the whole time. She's a movie in the making.

The movie ended and she was still cuddled up close to me. I kissed her forehead and pulled her in even closer.

"Babe I love you." I whispered in her ear.

"Let me go." She mumbled. My heart ached in pain. What.... she must be joking.

"What? Why?" I groaned. She then screamed at the top of her lungs. My arms loosened around her. She then curled into a ball.

"It's happening Caleb! It's happening! My water broke...." My face grew in panic. I grabbed my keys, my phone and her phone, and a charger. I didn't bother to change from the basketball shorts and tshirt I was wearing.

I lifted her up and helped her to the car. "Deep breaths. I'll get you to the hospital safe and sound don't you worry babe." She screamed.

I sped all the way there.

As soon as we got in the ER doors a nurse helped us into an operating room and helped Bre change into a hospital gown.

I called Kevin, Scott, Mitch, Kirstie, Avi, Jeremy, Aislyn, Sam, Breanna, and her parents to come out to the hospital.

Bre was sweating and screaming so much and I didn't know what to do. I held her hand and kissed her hand to reassure her it was gonna be okay.

The doctor soon asked if I wanted to cut the umbilical cord. I agreed to it.

A few hours later, Bre was finally ready to start pushing the baby out. The baby was coming out right and the doctor was struggling with Bre's kicking feet.

The doctor called me over and gave me a tool to cut the cord. The cord was attached to the baby's belly button. I sliced the middle of the cord.

The nurses took the baby to a table in the corner of the room to make sure it was healthy before giving it to us.

I walked over to the pale Bre. She still looked as mesmerizing as always. She flashed a weak smile. "We did it."

I grabbed her hand. "No, you did it."

The nurse said we could bring our friends in to see Bre and me. "I'll be right back. I swear. No seeing the baby without me seeing it the same time as you!" I yelled into the room.

She called back. "No promises!"

I walked into the waiting room and was flooded by friends. We walked to the room to be greeted by a nurse holding a blanket. "Mr. Jones. I would like to announce to you that your baby is healthy. Also that the gender of the baby is......"

Bre's POV

All my friends walked into the room. They all were going to start talking when the nurse cut them off.

"Mr. Jones. I would like to announce to you that your baby is healthy. Also that the gender of the baby is.... a little girl. Here's your birth certificate. Congratulations." The nurse walked out of the room and everyone screamed.

I already had a name picked out that Caleb and I discussed.

Weight: 7 lbs.
Height: 17 Inches.
Mother: Breanna Rush
Father: Caleb Jones
Name of Child: Eileen Joy Jones

Welcome to the family, 'Leenie'.