Chapter 35

Bre's POV
"Pinky Promise." Caleb whispered as we drifted to sleep.

//

A wail came from the room over and I groaned, rolling off the bed. I opened the door and Leenie was kicking her small legs everywhere.

I changed her diaper and she started to calm down but she kept crying. Using a small pump, I cleared out her nostrils then but a binky in her small mouth. She automatically calmed down and I smiled. Placing her gently in the crib, I placed a small, thin blanket over her.

Walking out the the room feeling accomplished, I decided that I probably wasn't going to be able to sleep. My head slowly peeked through the door to see if Caleb was there and sleeping soundly.

He wasn't.

Maybe he's in the bathroom?? I slowly opened the bathroom door.

He wasn't.

Maybe he's on the couch because he couldn't get comfortable?

He wasn't.

I started to panic not knowing what to do. Tears formed in my eyes and I was hyperventilating. I went into the kitchen and slammed my head against the refrigerator. This can't be happening.

A knock came from the door. My heart started to race.

Caleb?

Tears still falling down my face I opened the door and tried to smile. But, I couldn't. Because it wasn't Caleb. It was Aislyn and Scott.

The moment I saw them, I burst out in even more tears.

I told them about Caleb leaving and they said they wanted me to come over. I nodded and went to grab Leenie.

My reach for her was resistant, what if I woke her up? I made sure my hands were slow and steady as I picked her up.

Aislyn and Scott were really supportive. They helped me to the car and even tried to calm me down saying he's probably with Nate again.

Leenie was sleeping soundly. Even though Aislyn and Scott were very nice, her small figure was the only thing keeping me sane.

We arrived at their place and they showed me to their door. Even though I already knew where it was.

Aislyn gave me a tshirt and sweats. I smiled very lightly to her as a sign of my thanks. I changed quickly and wiped the remaining tears off my face.
She showed me to her bed and made sure I was comfortable before she left.

I wasn't going to sleep. My whole plan was to sit and wait.

Caleb probably knew I would've let him go anywhere. So he left without me knowing?

Or Caleb told me and it slipped my mind?

Or maybe he doesn't love me anymore. And this is his way of showing it.

My mind raced making even worse scenarios.

But I finally settled on the fact: I'm going to have to break up with Caleb.

I can't trust him. And a relationship is built off of trust. So I'm going to have to ditch him.

I reached on to Aislyns bedside table to see if my phone was there. Thankfully, it was. I didn't even bother to look at the time because I knew that the person I was going to text would be awake.

My fingers hit contacts and I scrolled until I found his name. Shane.

I know Shane Dawson from Aislyn. When we were REALLY close, she introduced me to him. Since then I text him for uplifting comments because he always knows how to make me feel better.