Chapter 30

Aislyns POV

Breanna was holding Leenie, Scott held the baby's bag in his arms. I held onto Mitch's hand. We all got into Breannas car and headed downtown to look for Bre and Caleb.

We walked into the restaurant and found no sight of them inside. We then walked down the sidewalks along the small market.

Breanna stayed in the car with Leenie and Scott. I went with Mitch. Without any luck, we returned to the car and decided to return to the apartment. We rocked out to Pentatonix, but as we grew closer to the apartment, we played 'Light in the Hallway' to help Leenie to sleep.

Breanna POV

"It's been a full month of them missing where the hell could they be?" I whisper screamed as we all got into the elevator up to Bre and calebs apartment once again. Leenie slept quietly in my arms and I smiled at her cute little face.

"I don't know babe.." Scott said placing his hand below my waist and kissing me.

"Oh my god get a room." Aislyn screamed as Mitch covered her eyes.

"We would if we didn't have this baby all the time." Scott said pulling me closer to him.

"Well technically we own this baby now because Bre and Caleb are no where to be found." I said a bit frustrated.

Of course I was happy to have such a bright and smiling little girl in my life but I didn't expect it so soon. I had a life plan which never really works out how its planned. I knew ever since middle school that I wanted to be on Broadway which is an unsteady and tough career but seeing as where I am now really is a dream come true. I'm living in the city I only dreamed I'd visit as a child, I'm on Broadway performing for thousands of people each day, I have the guy girls only dream about having, and my plans took a huge turn when I was reintroduced to the acapella world that I definitely missed.

The elevator dinged and pulled me out of my emotional memory state. I trailed behind everyone else who was already at the door. They al huddled around the door looking at something I couldn't see. That's when I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey guys." Bre said nonchalantly. I pushed my way through the crowd and what I heard was right. Standing in the middle of her apartment with Caleb next to her was Bre.

"Where have you been?!?" Aislyn screamed at her as I covered the babies ears not wanting her to wake up from her peaceful state.

"We got kidnapped and shipped off to Africa." Bre stated as Caleb nodded.

"Where ever they actually were must have turned their brains to mush." Mitch whispered as Aislyn and I laughed.

"Oh here I'll take Leenie for you." Bre said rushing over to me. I turned my back toward her and kept Leenie out of reach.

"You are gone for more than a month with no trace and I'm just supposed to hand over the child that you abandoned. Nice try but not happening" I said moving into the apartment away from Bre. "You can have your kid back tomorrow you need to prove that you can take care of yourself before you can take care of a kid." I walked out of the apartment and waited in the car for Scott.

A few minutes he later he hopped into the car.

"So about what happened back there." He said.

"She can't expect to abandon her child and then get to come back and pretend to be the mother of the year." I said steaming.

"I totally agree babe." He said placing his hand on my thigh and kept it there as we made our way home.

After we got home and put Leenie to bed I hopped into bed and snuggled with Scott till I slowly drifted off to sleep.

~next day~

Scott and I made the long trek over to Caleb and bres apartment with Leenie.

"I really don't want to give her over I mean I'm afraid. Bre has been gone for a full month what if something bad happens. I'm just nervous...." I said grabbing Scotts hand.

"Leenie will be fine honey. We will come check on her later tonight, but to get your mind off of all this Mitch, Aislyn, you, and I are going to the recording studio to work on songs for the band." Scott said then kissed me. I got out of the car and grabbed Leenies car seat. I smiled at the laughing little girl and made faces at her until we got up to the apartment.

"LEENIE!!" I heard as the door opened. Leenie started crying and I ran inside and pulled her out of her car seat. I rocked her in my arms and she calmed down.

Scott gave the run down for Leenies schedule and then glanced toward me. I handed Leenie off to Bre and she automatically started crying. I kissed Leenies forehead and had her little hand grip my finger. I slowly broke away and reluctantly made my way out of the door.

We rocked out to to the new Pentatonix album while in the car. We danced and singed as loud as we could while ignoring all the judgmental glares from the other cars.

We waisted the day away thinking of inspiring lyrics and cute love songs. The day flew by and what felt like minutes was actually hours. For that short few hours I forgot about all the world. All my stress. All my worry. Everything.

But once we were out of that room I remembered all I had to worry about.

"LEENIE." I screamed running to the car and waited for everyone else.

We made our way to the apartment and after a few knocks on the door without answer we just decided to go in.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

There on the floor was Bre with alcohol bottles and broken glass scattered across the floor. Leenie was laying on the floor crying so hard her face was bright red.

I jumped around the bottles and picked Leenie up.

Caleb was no where to be found

Bre was blackout drunk.

I don't know what to think.... All I can think is how dare they...