Chapter Twenty - One

Evelyn's pov

It's been two days after Karen's accident. She's been home a day. Everything is fine, she just has some bruises and wounds, nothing major. Liam's been quiet. Spring break luckily started, so no school for us. Liam is taking care of Karen, he sometimes smiles at me and besides that, he doesn't do anything. I don't know what to do with him. I decided to leave him alone for a few days. I packed my bag and I'm going to Cassie. She said that her parents aren't home so I can stay over for a few days. She felt lonely anyway. Mason went on vacation with his parents and sister. I'm walking downstairs, cause Cassie texted me she is almost here. Liam frowns when he sees my bag.
'Where are you going?' first words to me in 2 days.
'I'm going to stay with Cassie, I told you yesterday, but I guess you weren't listening' I say. He looks mad and sad at the same time.
'You're leaving me?' he asks, standing up now.
'Just for a few days Liam. I'll be back on Wednesday' It's Sunday now.
'Why?' he asks.
'Because this is the first conversation we have in 2 days. You don't talk to me or anything so I thought I'd give you space' I say. I hear a car pull up so I put on my heels and grab my jacket.
'Please don't go' I look back around, and for the first time, I see a fragile Liam. He looks so scared and I don't know why.
'We can call and text. Why are you scared?' when I used to word scared, he immediately puts up his guard again. I sigh.
'I'm not scared. I'll see you later' he turns around and walks away. I sigh and walk out the door. This is what I mean. So distant. I get into Cassie's car and throw my bag on the back seat.
'Are you okay?' she asks me.
'Liam couldn't even kiss me goodbye' I mumble. She looks sad and just starts driving.
'I'm sorry Eve. I've never heard or seen him like this. He is really upset' I just nod and look out of the window. I don't know what to do to get him to even touch me or talk to me. But I guess that won't happen again.

Cassie and I are sitting on her bed, just talking a bit. She is mostly talking about Mason and how they are doing really well. I'm happy for her. She deserves a good guy after Thom being her boyfriend. And then, I get a text. Hoping it's Liam, I immediately look.

Hello,

You make it so easy, two girls at once. Awesome. Is Cassie's door locked ? I guess I'll find out.

-T

'Cassie ?! Is your door locked?' I say, while she is mid-sentence. Her eyes widen. We both run downstairs, but when we get there, the door is open. My heart is pounding like a maniac.
'Call 911!' Cassie says. She locks the door and I run to her phone. But it isn't there.
'He's here' I say. Cassie looks at me. I've never seen her so scared and she probably has never seen me this scared. I grab my phone and quickly text Liam. Before I get to hit send, someone hits me on the back of my head and everything turns black.

I open my eyes and I'm still laying on the floor. I feel cold. I look at my body and see that my shirt isn't on, neither is my jeans. O my god. I feel tears forming in my eyes. I look around and see Cassie laying on the floor as well, same as me, just in her underwear. This can't be happening. I see my phone laying on the floor, still open with the text to Liam. It was never send. I see some blood on the floor under me. This is not happening. I start freaking out a bit, until I hear some noises. Cassie is waking up. I crawl over to her. She opens her eyes and looks up at me. Her eyes widen and she shoots up. She looks around. She notices me and her, both half naked. She then notices the blood on the floor.
'No...' she whispers. I nod and feel the tears rolling down my cheeks. Tears form in Cassie's eyes now as well. She then hugs me close and I start crying harder. I feel tears falling on my back from Cassie. After a few minutes, I grab my phone. I call Liam.
'Eve?' he answers. I feel more tears coming when I hear his voice.
'Thom was here' I just say.
'WHAT?!' I hear Liam get angry.
'I'm on my way' I hang up after that and throw my phone away. Cassie and I both just sit on the floor, waiting for Liam.
'I should call Mason' I nod. Cassie stands up and walks upstairs, to her phone and probably to shower and get dressed again. I hear a car arrive. Not even 10 seconds later, the door opens. I look up and see Liam. He looks around and I know he sees the blood. He looks at me. I start crying again. He sits down next to me and pulls me onto him.
'I'm so sorry. What happened?' he asks. I know he just asks to know for sure, but he already knows.
'Thom raped Cassie and me' I say and burst out again. Liam tenses up after hearing that, but he doesn't say anything, so I can just cry on his shoulder.
'Cassie too?' he whispers. I just nod. Liam then lifts me up and carries me upstairs, while grabbing my phone. He lays me down on Cassie's bed. We wait till Cassie is done in the shower so I can go shower. Then, my phone buzzes. I tense up and feel tears coming again. Liam hands me my phone, and I read it.

Hello gorgeous,

You feel so good inside, better than Cassie, but she was good too. Can't wait till next time.

Sleep tight !

-T

I throw my phone away and just cry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hellooo,

I just needed to write another chapter. I'm really into this again :D

xxx Pascalle