Chapter Twenty - Three

Evelyn's pov

Amber. She's dead. My best friend is dead. And I have a picture of it. It's been three days since we heard the news and I still can't believe it. Eleanor is sad as well. The three of us were always together. I do wonder why he choose her. She wasn't in the picture. Maybe because we still cared for her. Or he just likes killing innocent people. Hell, off course he does. Other wise my parents would still be alive. But they're not. They're dead as well.
'Babe?' I look up and see Liam. He hands me a letter. I open it and see it's from Sea World. I can't even smile when it says that they want me. I just hand it to Liam. I look at him and he does smile. He kisses my temple and sits down next to me. Eleanor hasn't left her room and I'm just sitting. I don't feel like doing anything else. I'm not sure what I should do. I don't even know if she's really dead or if it's just a mind game to get us back to the UK.
'Eve, everything is going to fine. As long as we're here, he can't find us' Liam says.
'And who will be next then Liam ? Harry, Louis, your mum? I can't do this. I'm going back. You all can stay here' I say. I stand up and start walking to the stairs.
'No way in hell !' Liam yells. Everyone who is out of their rooms look at us.
'You're not going back alone. If you really want to, I'll go with you. We'll call the cops and make sure they'll catch this bastard' I look at him. He looks serious.
'The cops ? You sure?' he nods. Amy comes walking towards me with Cassie and Mason. Eleanor and Niall are no where to be seen.
'We're coming with you. We don't have a live here. We're scared and we should just give him in' Amy says. I finally smile, after three days of not smiling. That's what friends are for. They make you happy, when you don't expect to even feel close to happy.

We called the police and we arrived back in the UK. Karen was happy that we finally made this decision. I think she is just as scared as we are. And I don't blame her. And she doesn't even know half of it. We are all sitting at the police station. Someone I have never seen before comes walking in. She talks to a cop and he points at us. She walks over to us.
'I'm looking for Eleanor and Evelyn' she says. Eleanor and I look at each other and nod.
'That's us' Eleanor says and points at me.
'Can I talk to you?' she asks. We nod and walk with her to a quiet place.
'So, who are you?' Eleanor asks.
'I'm Jade, I was a friend of Amber' she says. Eleanor and I look at each other and then at her, waiting till she continues.
'Amber and I met on vacation a few years ago. We kept in contact and met up around the holidays and in summer. She talked a lot about you two. She also told me that there was someone after you, mostly after Evelyn. She did actually try and figure things out for you. She went behind your back and tried to keep Thom away from you, but it got her killed' my eyes widen and I look at Eleanor. She has tears in her eyes.
'She told us that it was best if we weren't friends anymore, but all she did was protecting us' she says. Jade nods and looks sad. She lost her friend as well.
'We've told the cops everything. They're trying to find him now' I tell her. She smiles and nods. We walk back to the others.
'Guys, this is Jade, she was a friend of Amber. Jade, this are Liam, Mason, Cassie, Amy and Niall' she shakes everybody's hand. We all sit down again. Karen is talking to an officer right now. I wonder what they're telling her and what they aren't telling us. Karen then looks at us. Liam takes my hand and pulls me with him over to Karen and the officer.
'What's wrong?' Liam asks.
'Well, apparently, he is done working for Danielle, so he has her. And the cops are there. But if they don't leave, he's going to shoot Danielle' the officer explains.
'Let him, she did just as much as he did' Liam says. I frown though. Am I going to let Thom kill yet another person?
'No, let him go. He can't kill another person' I say.
'Eve, don't. I don't want him to get away again. Sucks to be Danielle, but it was her choice to work with that creep' Liam says. The officer doesn't even listen and talks to another one.
'Don't leave, as soon as you see your chance, get him' he says. I feel sadness coming over me. Liam hugs me.
'I'm sorry Eve, but Thom needs to be stopped. Maybe they get him before killing Danielle, but she killed to you know' I nod. She did kill Cassie's baby. I shouldn't care so much. After everything she's done. We hear a lot of yelling so I turn around. I see cops walking in with Tyler. He is struggling. He didn't do anything, but he didn't try to stop them either. He isn't innocent. He glares at me though. Liam and I walk back to the others.
'Thom wants to kill Danielle. But the cops are waiting their chance to get him' Liam explains. They all nod. Amy, Cassie and Eleanor all look at me.
'So, Danielle will die too?' Amy asks. I nod.
'If they don't get him before killing her, then yes. But there is a chance that they might get to him first. Or maybe she'll survive' I say. They all look at me. They know I don't believe what I say. Off course Danielle won't survive. And I shouldn't care, but I do.
'LIAM, EVE!' I hear Karen's voice. We both look up. She comes running.
'He's dead. They killed Thom before he could kill Danielle' Karen says. Everyone gets a small smile on their face.
'So it's over?' I ask Karen. She smiles.
'It's over'

------------------------------------------------------------------

No, this isn't the end of the story yet ! It's getting to an end though. Butttt, I'm already thinking about new story ideas. But I don't know which boy should be the leading character, so you can leave a comment saying who you want it to be !

Liam ?

Harry ?

Louis ?

Niall ?

And thank you all for reading my story and for voting ! It means a lot !

xxxx Pascalle