The Truth

"You sure you don't want to come?"

I look over at my handsome husband. Colin really is an attractive man. I love his eyes too. I don't know. There's something about the gorgeous hue of brown that I find beyond enticing. Don't even get me started on his body. I am beyond blessed.

"I'm sure," I tuck a string of hair behind my ear, taking another spoonful of Frosted Flakes. "Interviews, photo shoots, meetings – that's your thing; not mine."

"It's going to have to become your thing eventually hun," Jennifer sounds from her spot at the kitchen table. It's been a minute since I've seen her. Colin has a busy day today filled with the items I listed. Being that Jennifer is his manager, she will be accompanying him. "Ever since your interview with "E," my phone has been blowing up with offers for another exclusive with 'The Kaepernicks'."

"Really?" I question, genuinely shocked. Colin didn't mention that to me.

Jennifer nods, taking a sip of her Starbucks coffee. "Have you seen the video on YouTube?" I shake my head no. "Twenty million hits love."

My mouth drops, "No way." I look over at Colin. "She serious?"

"And counting," he chuckles, messing with his own phone.

"Damn," I whisper to myself. "I didn't realize we were that popular."

"For good reason," Colin interjects. "I don't want her to have to be subjected to that." He notices the strange look I give him. "Not everyone is a fan of us babe."

"Yes, because you know I just live for what people think and say about me." I fake a sniffle and place a hand over my heart. He rolls his eyes. "I think I can handle cyberbullying Colin. I'm not in high school anymore. Besides, aside from Twitter, no one knows about my social media accounts." The whole Twitter thing was a mistake too. Colin followed me a few weeks back, not thinking anyone would notice. I followed him back. Next thing I know, I went from 150 followers to 150,00 followers in one week. He wasn't happy about that at all.

"You know I don't give a fuck what people say about me. I prove myself on the field. You though? They don't know a damn thing about you and should keep their mouths shut and opinions to themselves."

"If only it wasn't for that darn First Amendment giving people the right to Freedom of Speech," Jennifer shakes her head, pretending to be disappointed. "Seriously Colin, you can't protect her from the world."

"I can try though," he quips an eyebrow, shooting her a wink.

'On that note, I'm gonna wait in the car." She gets up, discarding her empty cup in the trash. "It was good seeing you Arianna."

"Same," I smile, watching as she warns Colin he better be outside in ten minutes, before letting herself out the house.  

"She's right you know," I remark, placing my now empty bowl in the sink beside me. "I don't need you trying to replace the "my" before "man" with "super."

"Really?" He walks over to me, getting in between my legs. "Because I think I could totally pull off the Clark Kent look."

"Well, you're already halfway there, being half white and all. Ooh! Plus your initials are the same!" I purse my lips together, placing my index finger on them. "I wonder if Party City does custom capes..."

He laughs, "What you plan on doing today?"

"Just taking care of a few things," I reply. "Nothing important."

"You called in from work and took the entire day off," he reminds me. "You don't do that for 'nothing important'."

I roll my eyes, "Why can't you ever just go with what I say?"