...of Dawn

A/N: Will make corrections tomorrow. Lol.

My birthday is Saturday, and I didn't feel like working on this over the weekend so I slaved and did it today! lol

Next one is the last :)

Hope you all enjoy!

------

A month

Actually, a little over a month.

That's how low it's been since I've seen or spoke to Colin. He's made plenty of efforts to reach out to me, but I wasn't having it. I need time and him continuing to harass and bother me is only making things worse. He doesn't seem to understand that there's no expiration date for when my heart can no longer hurt. I'm still healing and honestly have no idea how long it will be before I can or even will forgive him.

It's like I told him; he made this bed and now he has to lay in it.

Not me.

"You almost ready woman?" I look up to see Janet sticking her head into my door.

"Almost," I reply with a slight smile. I motion for her to come in and she walks over to the vanity and stands behind me. I look over her slim form, "You always look so nice."

She grins and looks over her outfit. "Thank you my love."

"You're welcome," I reply, and move to get up, but she reaches out her hand to help me. "I know I've told you before, but I really appreciate everything you've done for me these past few weeks."

It's true. Now that Mia is taking care of Queenie full time (Ricardo's parents aren't completely happy, but they're coming to learn to accept the arrangement), all I have to focus on is school and work. In my "free time," I've developed a newfound love for writing music. I've filled up almost three notebooks with different songs. I've only let Maya read them, and she says they're good, but she's my best friend.

It's her job to do that.

"We're family Arianna," she sucks her teeth and gives me a one armed hug. "That's what we're supposed to do. Be there for each other."

"But you've gone above and beyond," I elaborate, not even jumping when I feel him move around. I've somewhat gotten used to it now. It still hurts like hell and he moves so fast and so often that it sometimes feels like there's three or four of him growing in me.

"Well, part of it is because of my job."

I smirk, "And that check my dad is cutting you every week?"

"But of course," she answers with a straight face before we both fall out in laughter.

Janet Hampton is a thirty something, licensed psychiatrist with a successful business and all of her shit together. She's the daughter of my dad's late brother so his cousin, and my second cousin? I don't know. I've never been too good with that whole second and third cousins explanation. She's around 5"6, with a beautiful mocha chocolate complexion, and naturally long black hair.

I call her my melanin goddess.

"I'm just happy you decided to give me a chance," she admits, and rubs the top of my head.

I offer her a half grin, "Me too."

Originally, I was completely against talking to her. I didn't want to start a dialogue with a professional in her field, family or not, because I knew it would mean me finally having to confront all of my demons.