Chapter 14

~

~Anna's POV~

For a whole week I had been in the ICU, I had only limited visitors, that is Timothy, and most of the time he was there, either I was asleep or he was.

Nobody still told me anything about what happened and I had all intentions of bombarding people once I shift to a private room, which thankfully was, today.

Nurses came into my room and changed a few things, shifted a few plugs and were about to wheel the bed out when I objected.

"Woah wait, I can walk you know." Doc was there and he was the one who broke another news to me.

"You can't."

"What?" Instead of waiting for him to answer, I threw back the sheet and came to realisation that I in fact couldn't walk, yet.

"You had minor fractures in your leg so stay put and let them take you to your room." Umehara said, marking a few things in my medical board.

"Why didn't I feel it before?" I asked him as he walked beside the gliding bed.

"Well, you were heavily sedated the whole week to keep your heart from acting up and also, I was waiting for your condition to stabilise a bit to tell you." I nodded.

"Ok...so when can I get out and what the heck got me here in the first place?" Curiosity finally got the better of me.

"Those are an awful lot of questions for someone who just exited the ICU. Give yourself some rest for tonight and I will answer your questions tomorrow morning." Doc replied and slid open the door of my private room.

I was placed on a new bed and all my equipment was neatly placed and I was told to sleep. It was only six pm, who sleeps at this time?

I wanted to see my brothers and Konan and have them know that I was ok and have them answer my questions. I had wanted to stay awake until I at least met Tim but the meds started to do their job and once again, I was pulled in the darkness.

~

Doc said all sorts of stress and extra emotion was bad for my heart. However, that didn't seem to have stopped people from talking so loudly in a sick hospitalised person's room. I sat up in an instant, irritated by the constant noises and yelled it out.

"You people are so annoyingly loud in the damn morning!!"

That quietened them. 'Them' were Tim and Eric and woah what?! MANFRED?!

All of them stared at me like I had grown another head or something. I sighed and decided to lighten the air, "Yo people~ sup?"

"Don't you 'yo' us!!" And one by one, the questions started pouring.

"How are you feeling?!"

"Does it hurt?!"

"Your head ok?!" My head?

"Don't talk so loudly! She is still recovering!" I rolled my eyes at Eric who 'screamed' this order. Lol.

"Are you guys done?" I asked my brothers once they had all come to realisation that they were, in fact, loud.

"Yes, sorry." Tim said and sighed. "So how are you feeling?"

"Um..ok I guess-" I wasn't allowed to finish my sentence because the three of my brothers present hugged me all of a sudden. "Hahaha, guys I am fine, don't worry about it."

"Oh I am so glad." Manny said, wiping his eyes. I smiled to ease their tensions a bit even though I was in pain.

"So how exactly did I get myself here?"

"You don't remember?" Eric asked. I twisted my face in confusion.

"No. Should I?" They all looked at each other then Tim decided to answer.

"Your heart failed."

"W-what?" Maybe I had misheard it, but their faces told me I was wrong. In that instant, I remembered it all. The timely pain, the sleeplessness, I collapsed, Max's face. Max. "Where's Max?"

"At home with Jessie." Manny answered.

"Man I ended up causing you all a lot of trouble." I sighed and rubbed my temples. "Sorry about breaking some rules." I hid my face in my hands because I didn't want them to see the tears that threatened to spill.

"You should be sorry too." Well, that was Manny for you. With him, it was all love was one thing and right and wrong was another. "But what's happened has happened. Don't beat yourself up about it."

"Hmm."

"Now wait while I go get the doctor." And like that he was out of the room to go get Umehara.

When doc arrived, he answered everything I had to ask and told me I would be staying for a month or two to undo the damage to my heart muscle and that time should also heal my fractures. I was stuck on this bed for a whole month or more with this darn plasters and the worst part, I wasn't allowed to move unless some nurse or doc himself helped me to it. 

Man. Its going to be a pain.

"Anna!" Just when I started wondering about school, there were a few school-people outside my room.

~