Seven

This week has been so tiring, Jace has been giving me rides to school and I managed to get Roy to pick Grace up one day. Everyone thinks we are dating but I keep telling them there is nothing between Jace and I.

That's all I can do, I guess. Mackenzie has been working me hard at practices and teaching Bianca the new routine is kicking my tail. And keeping up with school work on top of dealing with NHS and now Jace, I just want to relax.

My parents haven't really been home, but that is because they work a lot, but its lonely having the house to myself except in the morning before school and at dinner. So, it is Saturday and Grace and I are going to the beach!

I am getting my car back tomorrow! I am so excited! But yeah, the beach will be perfect to relieve my stress, usually its dance or drawing but I have done a lot of that lately so that is one of the reasons I am stressed, I keep drawing Jace.

I don't know why though, I just can't get him out of my head. So, guys like him don't go to the beach. I will be fine today. I heard a honk outside, That is Grace! I grabbed my bag and ran outside, hopping into Grace's car.

"Jace not home?" She asked. "No, I heard his bike pull out this morning." I said. She nodded and we drove out of town, hitting subway, then drove to the beach.

---

"This spot looks good." I said. "Yeah." Grace smiled as we put our stuff down under an already set umbrella. "When they come collect you pay ten and I pay ten?" I asked. "Yup." Grace said, undressing out of her cover up. I did the same, applying some sunscreen.

"You don't need that, you need some of this tanning lotion." Grace said. "I can't help that I rarely tan." I said. She said, "You got that one right." I rolled my eyes, "Ooh, we could scope for guys!" I said. "Shoot yeah!" she laughed.

"But no one can beat our boys back home." she said, lounging in her chair. "Yeah. I know." I said, knowing who she was really talking about. Then I saw a dude in green swimming trunks with a blue string tie in the front.

He looked awfully familiar, his brown hair was messy and not fixed though. And he had some glasses covering his face, kind of like he had been swimming or something. His abs though, they were nice. "Um, Cadence?" Grace asked.

"Mmmhmm?" I answered as my stomach started to churn and flutter at the sight of this guy. "Is that Jace?" she asked. "Where?" I asked shooting up and looking everywhere, alert now. "Him." she said pointing to the hunk in the green trunks.

"It can't be Jace. He wouldn't be caught dead at beach...right? Especially without his crew." I said, panicking just a little. "I don't know, he looks just like Jace." she said. "No it can't be, I was just staring at that guy!" I cried.

Just then the guy looked at us and a familiar smirk appeared. No, this was supposed to be jerk free! Then to confirm it, the dude took off his glasses, revealing a happy Jace. "Ohmygod, ohmygod. He is coming over here!" Grace squealed in one breath.

Yeah, he made his way over to us. Am I freaking out? Yes, yes I am. "Well, don't you just look like royalty in your swimwear, princess? And its always a pleasure, Grace." Jace said. "And don't you just look amazing as well." I said in a bitter sweet tone.

"Why thank you." he smiled. I rolled my eyes. "Are you here, alone?" Grace asked. "No, the boys are on their way." he said, "Shocked to see me here I am guessing." he guessed. "I didn't have you pegged as a beach guy." I said.

"Ah, I love the beach. Cold water, hot sun, bikinis." He said. Figures, he is here to look at girls. "What are you doing here?" He asked. "Hunting elephants." I said putting a towel over my stomach. He gave me a strange look but didn't ask.