Eighteen

~Cadence's Point of View~

"But of course." she smirked and Mackenzie and I shared another confused glance. We sat there, waiting for a response but the old lady just stood up and started to dig through some old books. I watched as she smiled, I guess she found what she was looking for.

"Here we are." She chimed. "What is wrong with your Nana?" I whispered. "I told you she was crazy." Mackenzie said. I nodded. "The daylight ring spell is in here. As for your blood, Ms. Foster. You have a gift, one that is not commonly known. You have the power to bind both worlds." the old lady said.

"What worlds?" I asked. "The other side, sweetie...its where all of the supernatural people go when they die. I was the anchor, the bind. But I am getting far too old, too weak to deal." she said. "Whoa, um...wouldn't I have to be a witch...which I am not or I would have helped myself to the daylight ring spell." I said. This is nuts.

"You will get your powers when I pass them to you." she smiled. "I don't want them." I said. "I tried to get your brother but he was no good, bad blood. You have too. Or our worlds will fall apart. And no ring spell." she said seriously. "Nana, have you been taking your pills? Her brother is dead." Mackenzie said. Her Nana just laughed. "Fine. I will give you my blood." I said.

"What are you doing?" Mackenzie asked. "Roy needs this spell. I am sure she is just delusional." I said. "Great choice, the other side thanks you." the lady smiled. "Your welcome." I said awkwardly. Mackenzie grabbed the book and her Nana grabbed a knife and a jar.

"Hand, palm up." she said. I stuck my hand out, trembling a little. She sliced my hand, I flinched in pain as the blood emerged from my hand, I turned my palm down. Letting my blood fill the small jar a quarter before she grabbed my hands, mumbled something, and my hand healed. I jerked back.

"Come on, let's go." I muttered and Mackenzie followed me out. "I am so sorry, Cadence I had no idea." Mackenzie started as we drove back to Roy's house. "Don't apologize, you didn't know." I said. We pulled into Roy's driveway and rushed inside to find Grace watching Roy work out intensely.

"We have the spell!" I cheered. "Yes! Where is Jace?" Roy asked. "I thought he was here with you...he didn't make it to school." I said. "No I haven't heard from him all day-" Roy was cut off by Mackenzie, "Here it is! I found it, Roy do you have a ring?" "Yeah, let me get it." Roy said walking to his room and back with what looked like a family crested ring.

~Jace's Point of View~

"Let me go!" I snarled at the man if front of me. "Calm down little wolf boy." The guy hissed pouring some kind of acid on my skin. I grunted in pain. "What? Never encountered wolfsbane before?" the man laughed. "What?" I sneered. "Its like acid to werewolves." he said pouring more on me.

I screamed in pain. "What do you think, Wesley? Wouldn't he make a lovely hybrid?" Wesley? Oh shit. "Who are you?" I asked trough gritted teeth. "Oh, you don't know who I am? I am sure you have seen me around..." the man said stepping into the light. He resembled someone I know I have seen before. "Look, shouldn't you wait until Tobias gets back-" Wesley was cut off by the angry man, "No! My brother will not stand in the way of me making my army." What is going on? Where am I?

~Cadence's Point of View~

Roy sat there, admiring his new daylight ring, dancing in the sunlight. He is an idiot. "So, I guess that is all you will need me for huh? You want me to leave now and forget this never happened?" Mackenzie asked, approaching Grace and I.