Nineteen

"Of course!" I snapped, pacing around the living room. "Calm down, Cadence. They just don't want us to get hurt." Grace said, lounging on the couch. "Its just typical! Typical that the guys would make the girls stay here while they go and "Take care of things" I mean seriously, this isn't the 1950s!" I ranted.

Mackenzie just laughed at me. "What? Of all of us they should have taken you. You have useful powers and I do to now, not that I know how to use them...I am like, a medium from those TV shows..." I went on. "Grace, we need to calm her down..." Mackenzie laughed, motioning Grace into the kitchen with her.

"Of course, now they are going to talk about how crazy I am being..." I muttered to myself, rolling my eyes and throwing myself on the couch. I can not believe that they left me here, Jace is my boyfriend and I should be there to help rescue him.

"Here, Cadence. Girl, you need this." Mackenzie smiled, holding a bottle of Eagle Rare and a glass with ice in it. I shook my head, "I don't drink." "Yeah, well as a teenager its normal to actually try this stuff before you turn 21...its like an unspoken rule." she said, pouring some in the glass.

"No, I am not drinking...Mackenzie, no." I said. "Come on, you are dealing with a lot. I am not pressuring you, do what you want. But I am just saying, it will help take the edge off." she smiled, handing me the cup.

I looked down at the caramel liquid in my hands and back at her. She laughed, "Come on...I won't let you get alcohol poisoning and die." I took a huge breath and looked at the cold cup in my hand. "I told you she wasn't going to do it." Grace said.

She had a glass of what looked like bourbon too in her hand. I glared at her. "Roy kind of...showed me this stuff...come on-don't give me that accusing look." Grace said defensively. I lifted the glass to me nose, taking a whiff.

Then, I slowly took a sip. It burned my tongue and throat but I continued to drink. I felt a little light headed after a few chugs. "Whoop! Whoop!" Mackenzie yelled happily at me. But my throat was burning so bad, I couldn't breathe.

"My throat! Ouch! What is wrong with it!?" I whined. Mackenzie laughed at me, "Its normal, just slow down." I stopped for a few minutes then sipped it little by little.

---

"Hey, Grace and Mackenzie we need to speak to you! Alone!" Roy yelled as he busted through the door. The girls shared a confused look and then they left out the front door. I rolled my eyes, why not call me out there? He is my boyfriend.

"Heeey, Cadence." Noah said, uneasy. Like he was nervous. "Hey." I muttered. "Well someone doesn't seem too happy" Jason asked, laughing nervously. "What is it?" I asked, "Where is Jace? Did you find him?"

"Yes. We found him..." Noah said sadly. "Oh my gosh! What happened?" I asked, freaking out. "He is okay...sort of." Jason said quickly. "What do you mean by sort of?" I asked angrily. If something terrible happened-what if he is really badly hurt?

What if he is dead? Oh, god, no that can not happen...I will go crazy! "Calm down Cadence-look Roy is here, talk to him." Noah said, gripping my hand tightly. I looked over, trying to contain my happiness that he is okay. I saw Jace walk in beside him.

"Jace!" I shouted, smiling wide. Then, I saw him there. Covered in blood...no scars though. But he only had his boxers on, which I would usually like to see, but this feels like a horror movie. "What happened!?" I asked, feeling my eyes sting.

He looked worse than the night he came into my room, after killing his father. Speaking of that, where was James when all of this was going down? Why wasn't he with his half dead son!? That upsets me a hell of a lot more than I would have ever thought.

He just stared at me blankly. "What?" I asked, what is wrong with him? He still said nothing. "Cadence it may be better for you to just...um leave and go get some sleep. We will see you tomorrow." Roy said. Oh heck no!

"What!? No, not happening. I drank alcohol for the first time, and a lot of it, because I was so stressed now give me some closure! I think this is so unfair given my circumstances, I mean hell! I am legitimately a witch and an anchor to both worlds, tell me what happened or you will be in some trouble." I demanded.

There is no way they are kicking me out, pushing me away, or anything! Nope. Not happening. Jace just sighed and whispered "I think you should come with me." I just stared at him. It wasn't a rude glare, or a scared panic look...It was pure confusion.

"Why?" I asked. Jace pulled my arm so delicately, like me might break me if he squeezed any harder, to Roy's mother's room. It felt different, the way he touched me. Everything was still the same, her bed and dressers, even all of her things were still placed like she never even left.

"Cadence. That man killed me." Jace said. "But your here, unless I am the only one who can see you." I said. The look on his face told me something I didn't want to hear out loud. I gasped.

~Grace's Point of View~

"Well, could you explain to me what that was about?" I asked. "Jace is dead, you saw him in the back of Jason's truck..." Mackenzie said. "So how did she see him?" I asked, "Unless she is just delusional." I added.

"I think she saw him, he has to pass through her..." Mackenzie sighed. Roy's head was buried in his hands, I hugged him. Jason and Noah were sitting close to each other, holding hands. Cute but unsettling in my stomach at the same time.

"I hate how confused she probably is right now, and how hard she is going to take it." Roy said. "I know, but she will still see him, around...you know. He isn't completely gone you know, to her anyways." I said in tears.

Why? That is all I have to ask, Why is this happening to us? Then I saw Cadence walk outside, to Jason's truck, she looked...happy. "Where are you going?" Mackenzie asked. Cadence only ignored the question and shut the door.

Roy and I followed her out quietly. "Are you 100 percent positive?" Cadence asked the space next to her, pulling down the tailgate to Jason's F-150. She pulled the cover off of Jace's body, revealing his head and cleanly broken neck.

I wanted to puke just looking at it again. I actually puked the first time. Twice. "Okay, do I tell the others?" Cadence asked. Then after about five seconds she nodded.

~Cadence's Point of View~

I know Roy and Grace followed me out but I don't care right now. I am too overwhelmed with the fact that Jace is coming back, in a few hours. He tried to pass through me earlier, but it didn't work, then he remembered the guy who kidnapped him injected him with some blood.

So, Jace will be back! He would be a Hybrid but he would be back! And right now that is all I care about. "Are you 100 percent positive?" I asked Jace's spirit standing beside me. "Yes." he said. I pulled the cover off of Jace's body, only revealing the neck up.

"Okay, do I tell the others?" I asked. "Not until I return to my body in a few hours. Give or take a few." He answered. I nodded. His body looked terrible. "Is there any way I can speed this up?" I asked impatiently.

He laughed, "I don't think so but as soon as I wake, I am kissing you. You know that?" "First you are feeding, cleaning up, and getting a daylight ring. Then you can kiss me, okay?" I smiled. "Okay." he said.