Sixteen

~Cadence's Point of View~

I decided it was best to stay home from school today, I am not feeling too well. Who would after going through everything I have been through these past few weeks. Its enough to drive someone insane. I need a day off, only if it were that simple.

You know, to just put life on pause and relax. Then, hit play whenever you feel like it. But it's not like that at all. Life just throws everything at you, the entire time you are blind sighted and just trying to climb out of the hole you've dug for yourself.

It is just not fair. But I am not going to waist a second of my time wishing any of this never happened. I am just going to have to push through this, deal with everything that is going on and everything that is coming after.

"Hey, sweetie...can I come in?" I heard my dad ask through the door. Oh, yeah, did I mention that it is like noon-thirty. Ha! I crack myself up, it is 12:30 and I am finishing up one of my latest drawings, in a new sketchbook I got.

"Yeah, come in." I sighed. "I am off today, its been forever since we have spoken...ice cream day?" He asked, opening the door and walking in. "Unless you don't feel up to it." He added. "Yeah, that sounds like a plan." I smiled.

"What are you drawing?" He asked. "Nothing...just a flower." I said, showing him quickly. "Good, good...Well, get ready...I will be downstairs." he said, leaving. So now I get to tell him everything...well to an extent because he would think I was crazy with all the other stuff.

Maybe this can be the only thing that stays normal in my life, I would like to keep that.

---

"So, tell me...what's new?" Dad asked as we took a seat at a small round table in front of my favorite ice cream place. "Your mother tells me that you and Jace hit it off." he added before I got the chance to speak.

I licked my chocolate cone and shrugged, "Yeah...I really like him." I admitted. "Well, he seems like a good kid. I want you to bring him over for dinner. I will admit though, I thought you would go for Noah. He seems more of your type." Dad chuckled the last part.

"One, opposites attract and two, Noah could never like me in that way." I implied. "Oh, I would never have guessed..." he said, not as shocked as I thought he would be. "Your teacher...Mr. Lennox called yesterday, he seems to be very taken with you." he asked.

"Yeah, he is new..." I said. "Oh, so he has mentioned that you have had some trouble with girls at school?" he asked. "Yeah, its no big deal. Really, they are just jealous." I said, I really don't want to talk about this.

"Alright, but Cadence if anything else happens please talk to your mother and I we are always here if you need to talk or if you need help. Your dance instructor called, so did your cheer coach. You have been missing rehearsals, practice. What is going on with you lately?" he said in one breath.

Well, wouldn't you love to know. Its been so stressful...the feeling that someone is following my every move. Nothing as crazy as someone breaking and entering my room, but small things that no one would really notice have been happening.

Mostly just gut feelings, and paranoia. Grace has been occupied with Roy so I've been putting off telling her everything too...not that I actually can tell her everything. Jace won't allow me to tell anyone that my brother might actually still be alive.

"Cadence...Hello?" Dad waved his hands in my face. "Sorry. What?" I asked. "What is going on with you lately? I mean, if you don't want to do these activities anymore you could've just said and we would stop paying for them." he explained.