Three

I got up and did my usual morning routine. I couldn't sleep at all last night because of Jace. He wasn't doing anything loud or obnoxious, just in my mind all night. Every time I shut my eyes, his face was there with that evil smirk.

All I could think about was the fact that he is now my neighbor. I mean, I hope that he won't find out. I stayed up, planning on how I would make that work. I would leave super early and make sure that he doesn't see me leave.

Then, since I stay after school for practices and stuff, I will just dodge him the best that I can. That seems like a good plan, right? Not crazy at all.

I slipped into a a silky gray camisole, a pair of faded bootcut jeans, and a thin dark blue zip up hoodie.

I straighened my hair and slipped on some all white converse and grabbed my things to head downstairs. When I got to the kitchen there was a note attached to the fridge. Which was odd because the fridge is usually clear of any paper or pictures. I grabbed and read it.

Cadence,
Your dad and I had to leave for work super early and we will be having dinner with the Owens' on Tuesday night to welcome them to the neighborhood.

Love,
Mom.

Okay, and WHAT!? No, no freaking way I am having Dinner with Jace, Noah, and their dad! Not freaking happening. Uh, uh. No way in west hell I am having dinner with them! My parents should really consult me before they make these plans.

I mean seriously, they didn't tell me that we had neighbors and now they just made plans to have dinner with them!? They could be serial killers or something!

I sighed angrily and walked out of the door and headed to school to tell Grace the 'amazing' news. I might see if I can go to her house Tuesday night for a 'project' or something. Just so I don't have to see him. Jace, I mean.

When I pulled into the parking lot, no one was there. I guess I am here super early. I checked the time; 6:25 a.m. Yep I am here like 35 minutes earlier than I need to be. School starts at 7:15 a.m. There is no way that Jace saw me leave, he is probably just now getting up.

I sat in my car, fiddling with random things until Grace pulled up. I opened my glove box and fumbled around some papers until my fingers gripped something plastic and square shaped. I pulled it out and it was a CD. One that I didn't even know I had, everything that is music related is inside my room, on my shelf.

Or in my cell phone, laptop, or iPod. I looked at the cover, The Bee Gees. I haven't listened to them in a while. I popped the CD in turned the volume up, jamming out to Emotions featuring Samantha Sang.

Man, this is my jam! "AND WHERE ARE YOU NOW, NOW WHEN I NEED YOU! TEARS ON MY PILLOW! WHEREVER YOU GO! I'LL CRY ME A RIVER, THAT LEADS TO YOUR OCEAN! YOU'LL NEVER SEE ME FALL APART...IN THE WORDS OF A BROKEN HEART, IT'S JUST EMOTIONS TAKING ME OVER! TIED UP IN SORROW, LOST IN MY SOUL!" By that time someone tapped on my window.

I immediately froze, turned the music down and looked to see who it was. I let out a huge sigh when I saw that it was Grace. I rolled the window down, "You scared the poo out of me." I said. "Well, pay more attention to your surroundings and stop listening to your ancient music." she said, laughing.

"It's not ancient." I said. "Yeah, it is. That kind of junk doesn't exist anymore. Listen to this." she said playing a song from her phone. It was something I recognized from the radio, My way by Fetty Wap featuring Drake. She sang the entire song without missing a single part.

I sang along to the little parts that I know. "Oh, god. Grace guess what." I sighed, grunting a little. "What?" she asked worriedly. "We are having dinner with the Owens' next Tuesday night. Shoot me now please?" I said the last part sarcastically.