Twenty Three

I was fidgeting around, freaking out really. The light was too bright in my face, there were machines beeping loudly in my ear. Am I in a hospital? I can't be...But the sounds of a girl screaming for the doctor and nurse was too loud in my ear.

"Nurse! She is waking up! We need a doctor! Help!" She yelled helplessly. There were now many people rushing in, not that I could see...my eyes won't open. "Stay Calm!" one man yelled. "Clear!" A woman yelled loud.

I winced at the loud sounds, my head was pounding. "She is having a seizure!" A different male voice yelled out. I felt a shock and my body jolted. I took a gasp for air as I forced my eyes open and sat up straight. I was in a hospital.

"Oh my gosh! Its a miracle!" A male said. I looked at him. "Wesley?" I asked. It was my brother...a nurse? "You know my name?" he asked. "Wesley?" I said weakly. "I am your doctor, Grady Wesley, I have been running tests on you here at Central City Hospital for months now." he said.

"Let me see her!" The screaming girl demanded, coming in. "Grace?" I asked, confused. "Yes! Oh my gosh! You remember me? I am so sorry!" she cried, wrapping her arms around me. I shook at her touch. "What's the matter?" She asked 'Doctor Wesley'.

"She is remembering, she may have temporary amnesia." he said. "Your my brother." I said. "No, I am not your brother..." he laughed. "Yes you are, you made your entire family believe you were dead, and then you came back to me as a vampire." I said.

"Vampire?" Grace asked. "Yes...but you knew that" I told her. "I have no idea what you are talking about, Cadence." she said. "I know what the problem is. That explains everything, why her brain has been so active in her former state." he said.

"Former state?" I asked. "Yes, Cadence you have been dreaming. Whatever has happened to you these past few months has been a dream." Wesley said. "No." I said. "Cadence you were in a coma. You got in a very severe car wreck on your way to Central City. You suffered a head trauma." Grace explained.

"What? No. I died..." I said, remembering that I killed myself to stop Tobias. "That must have been what triggered your body to wake up." Wesley said. I shook my head, this can't be true..."Jace?" I asked.

They looked at me confused. "Where is Jace?" I asked, more clearly. "Who?" Grace asked. "My boyfriend." I said. "Sweetie, you don't have a boyfriend, just like I have no idea who Jace is." she said. "Jace Owens." I said.

She shook her head. "We don't know anyone named Jace." she said. I could feel tears streaming down my face. "Noah?" I asked, she shook her head. "Jason?" she shook her head. "Roy?" I asked and she looked at me, smiling.

"Yes. Roy Harper." She said. "R-Roy Summers." I said. She shook her head. "Maybe you should rest a bit, I will get you some food. Maybe that would help." Wesley said, leaving. "He really isn't my brother?" I asked.

"No, but he is super sexy though." she laughed. "What about Mackenzie? Sterling? Do I know her?" I asked. "Yes, in our hometown...before we graduated a couple months ago and moved here. She cheered with you." Grace said.

I sighed in relief. "What was she in your crazy dream?" Grace laughed. "A witch." I stated. Its true, I have no idea what is happening...did she say we graduated? "Did you just say that we graduated?" I asked.

"Yes. We did..." she said. "So I am seventeen?" I asked. Not sixteen, great. My whole entire life is flipped now. "Actually you turned 18 two weeks ago." she said. "What is the date!?" I asked. "August 4th" she said.

"Oh my gosh!" I gasped. "Is she up! I have to see her! Oh my gosh!" a familiar male voice said anxiously as he busted through the door. I would recognize that jet black hair and green-blue eyes anywhere. "Jason?" I asked.