Twenty One

~Cadence's Point of View~

"Okay-Okay! I got it, Jace...I am being serious! Stop" I laughed as Jace tickled me. We were literally at the mall, in the middle of Areopostale. I think people were starting to silently judge us. "Only if you give me a kiss." He said, laughing.

Still tickling me.

"I don't do PDA you know that!" I shouted, laughing. "You did at school." he said. "You made me, that isn't fair!" I said. "Don't care, life isn't fair." He said. "Whatever, you died and got a second chance, Life is totally forgiving! You are just obsessed with me" I said.

"Shush, not so loud with the truth!" He laughed. I stared at him, smiling. His laugh is great, the way his nose crinkles and eyes squint. His smile is just...amazing too, I love him, I really do. "Fine! I give!" I said, finally.

I gave him a kiss on the cheek. "That isn't what I wanted and you know that." He said. "You didn't say where to kiss you." I smiled, he chased me through the store. Not causing anyone else harm, not disrupting anything, merely having fun.

Jace was right, this was a great idea. He said that we should have an 'us' day to forget about everything that is going on. Because lets face it, it has been two weeks and nothing. We have been trying to find Wesley and the Mystery man that is Mr. Lennox's brother.

I don't understand. I asked Tobias if he had a brother or any siblings and he just shot down every question with a short, vague answer. "Come here!" He said. I ran out of the store, into the large hallway, connecting stores when I hit someone.

"Ouch! Sorry, I wasn't...paying...attention." I said slowly as I looked up and realized who it was. "Cadence, why'd you run out the store-" Jace stopped as he looked up at the boy I was looking at. I was completely frozen.

It was Wesley. My brother. Wesley, Oh my gosh! What do I do?

"Holy Shit." Jace said. "We need to speak, All of us." is all he said, it even sounded like him. "The hell, no you helped kill me, and-" I cut Jace off, "No, we should talk. I want to know." I said. Jace nodded and Wesley took us to the food court.

"Okay, well long story short. I didn't actually die." Wesley said. I rolled my eyes, "Obviously." Jace rubbed his forehead. "No need to be rude, sis." He said. "I haven't see you in years. Did you think I would just run to you, open arms, happily." I said.

Clearly I have done a lot of thinking.

"Well, yeah sort of." He sighed. "You lied to us, for SEVEN years! Wesley! And now you are acting like a jerk face from hell!" I said. "Well, when you have no choice but to turn at age 19 by a crazy psycho and never aloud to see your family again, it changes you." He said calmly.

"I am sorry you had to-wait, did you say turn?" I asked. "Yes, into a vampire..." He said, he seemed irritated but I don't understand why. I mean, he is the one who has returned after seven years of being dead, leaving his family unhappy and depressed...empty.

I didn't do that to my family. He did. "Well, Jace and Roy need some insight on what its like being a vampire, surely you can help." I said. "Cadence-" I cut Wesley off, "No, you owe me. Seven years worth of owing to be exact and I am willing to let all that time go if you help them."

Jace whispered, "Cadence what are you doing?" "Fine." Wesley said. "Really?" Jace asked. "Yes, I see that I do, indeed, owe my baby sister for having an empty home while I was gone." Wesley said sarcastically but truthfully.

"Good," I smiled, "Oh and while I am thinking I need you to take down the monster that killed my boyfriend and his brother." "That isn't what you said." Wesley said. "Well, you know what Wesley? I have been reading a lot of books since I have became what I am..." I started.