Thirteen

~Narrator's Point of View~

He watched as his parents left. His mother was weeping softly and his father's head hung low , hiding the fact that he was, indeed, crying. He was clutching his beloved wife's hand like it was the last time he'd ever see her.

It pained him deeply to see his family dwell on his absence. But, she stayed. She has always stayed. She picked up a medium sized vase of beautiful, hand-picked, red and white flowers and moved it in front of his tombstone.

"My god, she has grown." he mumbled to himself. Her blonde highlights shined in the sun, her natural brown roots made the illusion of caramel on her head. Paper crumbled between her fingers as she pulled out an envelope, yellow with his name written on it.

She had probably been clutching it the whole time. Her small, delicate hands smoothed out the small envelope and laid it down gently by the flowers. "Happy Birthday." she whispered, emotionless. Her fingers ran through her natural curls.

She nodded one good time then sighed, taking a seat next to the flowers. He longs to just speak aloud and tell her everything is okay but he can not. No matter how much he wants to scoop her into his arms and hug her tightly, he can't.

"I miss you, I wish you were here. A lot has happened this past month, its all in the letter that I know you won't read. Honestly, I told you everything. I have to tell these secrets to someone who won't tell...catch my drift?" she chuckled lightly. He slightly smiled.

"If you were still here, you know, you are twenty-one now...you could let me at least try your alcohol. You know, I feel really dumb. Making all these jokes to a dead person. I mean, I know you can't hear me, or speak back, so why do I keep doing this?" she sighed.

"I am just going to go now..." she stood up and walked to her car. Starting the engine and driving off. He rushed to, what is supposed to be, his grave. 

He collected the envelope and opened it, reading every word carefully. He supposes they think the cemetery cleaners pick these up and throw them away, little do they know he has came down here on his birthday for the past three years and leave the next day back to London.

His beautiful sister has met someone, and he is a werewolf. He doesn't like it but then again, there isn't much of a difference between Jace and he.

Except, Jace is probably more safe to be around. He folded up the paper and shoved it in his inside jacket pocket. "Hey, whoa...what are you doing? You can't do that." Jace asked, confused at the bulky, green eyed, mysterious stranger stealing his girl's note.

"Yes I can." Wesley said, getting aggravated that he had actually gotten caught. "No, I am pretty sure you can not. That isn't yours." Jace said, the two guys have no clue who each other are. "Yes it is." Wesley said calmly, a slight accent in his voice.

"Really?" Jace asked, not convinced. "Really." Wesley stated. Jace scrunched his nose, confused. This dude was stealing Cadence's letter to her brother and saying its his. Wesley stiffened and brushed passed Jace, quickly disappearing.

Jace quickly realized what had just happened. It confused him, yes, but what other explanation could it be? The question now is how?

___________________________________________________________________________________

~Okay, I know I haven't done a single author's note but I just wanted to thank all of you amazing people for reading this book! And my last one!! I appreciate all you lovelies! I just want to know how you are liking this story so far. Vote and comment!

Love,

Alyssa

___________________________________________________________________________________