Fourteen

~Cadence's Point of View~

"Hey!" Grace chimed, grinning. She seems unusually happy today. "Hey." I smiled back at her. "How was yesterday? I mean, you never called me to talk like you usually do so..." she said, getting her papers from her locker.

I leaned against a neighboring, dull locker and shrugged. "It went like usual, except I didn't cry. Jace didn't answer his phone when I called him and he isn't here at school so, what do I do?" I sighed. "Aw, I am sorry girly. He is probably caught up or something. Don't look too hard into it." she said, giving me an assuring smile.

"I know, I guess I am just tired. I want to sleep." I gloomily said. "Well, I have something to tell you that will cheer you up." she grinned widely. "What?" I asked, confused. "Roy and I kind of, are like a thing now." she lit up.

My eyes popped out of my head and my jaw dropped, "That is so great! I am so happy for you!" I pulled her into a hug and she squealed a little. I laughed, "Its about time, you two are perfect together."

"I know girl, I know!" Grace smirked. I rolled my eyes, continuing my giggles. She is a trip, and putting me into a better mood already. "Could you do me a favor?" she asked as we walked to our first period. I nodded, "Always."

"Would you be my maid of honor at Roy and I's wedding?" she asked, smiling. Did she really just ask that question? Oh my gosh. "Of course I will!" I said seriously. We laughed all the way to first period. And joked about her and Roy's children's names.

---

Sitting at lunch, I felt sick. Why? I honestly have no idea. Maybe its my period or something. "Hello Cadence, babe." Roy smiled, greeting us. He planted a kiss on Grace's head and I smiled back, slightly nodding my head.

Grace and Roy were chatting about their weekend plans, including me, or at least trying to, I just sat there quietly. I honestly have no idea why I feel off, maybe I just need sleep. Or its the fact that I know way too much and being paranoid.

"Hey guys!" I heard a familiar guy's voice chime. "Noah." I smiled, perking up a little. Maybe he knows where Jace is and what is wrong with him. He took a seat and the other's greeted him as well. "So, I have a question." I stated.

Noah nodded as he stuffed his spaghetti in his mouth hole. "Is Jace okay?" "Yeah, he is fine. Why?" he asked, confused. "Oh, its just I tried calling him last night and he didn't answer and he isn't here so I was kind of hoping you could tell me where he is." I chuckled.

"I don't know, I haven't been home for a few days. I have been with Jason." he said. I nodded. "Sorry." he mumbled and I shrugged. "Cadence?" Roy asked. I looked up at him. "He isn't blowing you off. He probably has some stuff to take care of." Roy said, emphasizing 'stuff' for obvious reasons.

I nodded understandingly and laughed, he is right Jace wouldn't just blow me off. "What kind of stuff would he need to take care of?" Grace asked, we haven't told her anything yet. "Uh, some...family stuff." Roy answered.

"But wouldn't Noah be there too?" she was getting confused. "Just drop it, cupcake, nothing to worry about. It was just a thought." Roy laughed. She blushed and mumbled an 'okay' before finishing her plate.

I slipped my phone under the table and texted Jace, asking where he was and if he was okay. Its the first time I have done this so don't think I am one of those crazy people who quadruple texts and calls. I shoved my phone back into my pocket as the bell rang.

I slowly walked to my locker, when I got there I fumbled with my combination. Before I opened it, someone called my name. "Cadence! So glad I caught you before seventh period." Mr. Lennox said. turned my head and smiled politely.