Twelve

~Grace's Point of View~

My eyes fluttered open and I realized that I was in a familiar room, and it wasn't mine or Cadence's. It was the same room I was in the other night/morning. Roy's room. The scent of pine slapped me in my face. I looked around, Roy wasn't in here.

But his room was oddly clean for a teenage boy. I slowly sat up and opened the door, sticking my head out. I heard the television on and something sizzling. It sounded like someone was cooking, well smelled too. And it smelled good.

I walked to the kitchen were I found Roy humming a popular song. Can't Hold Us by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. I cleared my throat and he spun around, smiling. "Sleep well?" he chimed. "What am I doing here?" I asked, confused.

"Oh, well. You see, babe. I took you to your house but all of your doors were locked, including your lovely window so I just brought you here to crash...bacon?" he explained. "Still, you could have taken me to Cadence's house." I said.

"Well, I am sorry for trying to be friendly. Bacon or no?" He said, irritated. "Yes, please...And thank you." I said, smiling. He was shirtless and I am enjoying every second of it to be honest. "Your welcome, babe." he said, emphasizing the 'babe' in his statement.

I rolled my eyes but ended up smiling at him, he really is the best. Not that I would ever tell him that. He would let it get to his head and never let me live it down. I took a seat at his kitchen bar and watched him, I wish I could wake up to this every morning...

Stop it. No, I will say what I want. But he could hear you! Oh, wait these are my thoughts...he can't here me...Idiot. Shut up!

"So, did you get the sleep you needed?" Roy asked, pulling down plates, breaking me from my thoughts. "U-uh...yeah I did. I feel fully res-rested." I stuttered quickly. His words brought me out of a trance that I put myself in.

"Here you go cupcake." Roy said, handing me a paper plate with freshly crisped bacon on it. It smells so good! I can't wait to dig in, I haven't had bacon in like forever, AKA; three days. "Thank you Roy-did you just call me cupcake?" I asked, actually catching his last comment.

All he did was grin, handing me a water bottle. I took it from him as I waited for an answer, lifting my brows slightly. "I did." he stated, hovering over me. "Why?" I asked nonchalantly. He shrugged, taking a seat next to me.

"I don't know, do you not want a cute nickname?" he asked, seriously. I blushed and smiled sweetly at him, "I thought my nickname was babe." "I just thought you might like an actual one, like how Jace calls Cadence princess..." He said, gulping two large sips of water.

"We aren't them." I stated, aggravated. Then, just like that. BOOM! It got super quiet and awkward, I can hear the crickets now. Dang it Grace! WHY DID YOU DO THAT!? I don't know...why do I always say the wrong thing?

Why can't I just appreciate him and all the small things he does? I mean, he could be with a different girl right now but he is with me and I should be so appreciative of that. But of course, I have to be stupid.

"Look, I want to thank you for taking me home and taking care of me." Roy choked out, killing the silence. "No, problem. I didn't mean to jump your ass about it earlier...I was just tired. I am sorry." I said. The bacon was really good.

"No, you had every right to. I was probably a pain in your ass anyways." he laughed. I held up my thumb and index finger to where they were like almost touching. "Just a little?" he asked, catching on to my sarcasm.

"Just a little." I smiled. He just laughed at me, why? It wasn't even that funny. But his laugh, his smile, they are just perfect. He is just absolutely perfect. If you asked me to describe the perfect guy, in my opinion, all I would do is point to Roy.