Sixteen

Camila

"Why do you have to avoid him?" Normani asked me.

I shrugged.

"You know they kissed." Dinah sang.

"No way, oh my gosh our little Camz is growing up!" Normani squealed.

"Yeah and then I stopped the kiss and basically left him at Hawks Point."

"What were you two doing up at Hawks Point anyway?" Dinah furrowed her eyebrows.

"Just.....hanging out."

I still haven't told anyone about my suicide attempt and I hope Jack told no one either that's the last thing I need.

"It's been almost a week, I think you should call him back."

"I'm scared to." I confessed.

"He's called you several times...I think he still likes you so what's there to be scared about?"

"I think I just want us to be friends." I sighed. Dinah and Mani both dropped their jaws.

"But you kissed like how can you just pretend that didn't happen and be friends?!"

"I don't know. I think it'd be easier that way."

"Easier for you, or easier for you and Lauren's friendship?" Dinah raised a brow.

"What happened with Lauren and Camz?" Mani pulled her thick eyebrows together.

Dinah raised her eyebrows at me, and sat down in the chair, across from the couch Mani and I were on.

"She tried stealing Jack away, I dunno what's gotten into her. She's just been different." Dinah shrugged.

"Jesus, you visit your family in Texas for only a few months and you miss everything." Mani frowned.

"But at least you're here now." I shrugged.

"Where does Lauren stay if she moved out of here?" Mani asked.

"I think she got her own apartment, she wanted to be more 'independent' since we're seniors now." Dinah rolled her eyes, air quoting.

"Well, I guess you could call us Third Harmony." Mani shrugged.

"I wish Ally still went to school with us. I think we'd have more fun at school." Dinah sighed.

"Yeah well tell that to Ally's family who made her a year older than all of us." Mani frowned.

"I hate school." I mumbled.

"Camila, Mr. Black already said they're going to hold an investigation and figure out who did all of that. It's gonna be okay." Dinah assured me.

"Yeah, well you're not the one who's boobs were plastered all over the damn school. So don't tell me it's going to be okay when now all people do is look at me like some slut. And like I'm the one who put those pictures all over." I snapped.

"You're going to have to go back to school sometime." Mani frowned.

"Maybe I'll just finish high school online." I shrugged, mumbling.

"I would go back into that school, and act like I owned the place. And say 'fuck you' to whoever looked at me differently." Dinah shrugged.

"I'm not as confident as you Dinah, it's not that easy."

"Sure it is."

"Mani, get this....Jack beat up Nash."

"Why? I mean, sure he's an asshole but-"