Twenty Two

Camila

"Wait he apologized?" Dinah raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah, he did." I looked down at my plate, playing with my food. "But it didn't mean anything I feel like." I quickly added.

"You haven't spoken to each other in months, and you finally spoke again last night. I think he misses you." Dinah tried convincing me.

"I would miss myself too. That's his fault." I shrugged. I had no intention of convincing myself Jack misses me.

"Why are you like this?" Dinah asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Like what?"

"Like you have no feelings."

"I have a boyfriend, Dinah. I have feelings for him."

"But you don't act the same around him, you act so heartless but confident when he's not around. When he's with you, you act like he's your boss. You do whatever he wants."

"My relationship has nothing to do with you. Stay out of it."

"It does when you're supposed to be my best friend."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Forget it Camila, you never wanna talk about your relationship. Or anything for that matter." Dinah said getting up from her seat.

"Oh so you'll take Jack's side? That's all you do is take Jack's side just cause he's your boyfriends best friend. Jesus-"

"Enough! I'm tired of trying to help. I'm moving out of this house!" Dinah yelled slamming her bedroom door shut.

ONE WEEK LATER

Jack

"The boxes I want to go in Sam's car are right over there." Dinah pointed to a few boxes stacked up next to Camila's bedroom door.

"She's not home, Jack." Dinah said as if she was reading my mind.

God, every little fucking thing reminds me of her.

I sighed under my breath and picked up the cardboard boxes.

If Dinah is moving out then it's only going to be Camila and Normani. Is she upset Dinah is moving out? Is she ever going to move in with Cameron?

Dinah never told me why she wanted to move out, I know there's a reason but she just shrugs every time I ask.

Do her and Camila not get along anymore?

I opened up the front door and there stood Camila.

"What are you doing here?" She asked furrowing her eyebrows, looking at me like I don't belong to be here.

"Excuse me, please." I said, stepping past her.

"Last night you weren't like this." I could feel Camila glaring at me.

"5 months ago you weren't like this." I retorted.

"People change. I don't need you anymore Jack." The words felt like a punch in the gut, like I just got the wind knocked out of me, but I ignored the feeling as I turned back around and looked her in the eyes.

"I don't need to give you explanation either, Camila." I shrugged trying to keep calm in front of her.

"Oh, but if I was Madison you would be all over me." She said as I was turning back around, beginning to walk away from her.

I stopped and turned back to face her.

"You moved on, why can't I?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I don't care what you do-"

"Then don't ask me why I'm here." I cut her off, shrugging.

"It's my house." She argued.

"I'm helping Dinah move out, I'm done arguing with you Karla." I said getting frustrated.

"Don't call me that!" She snapped.

I ignored her as I put the boxes in Sam's car.

I made eye contact with her as I walked past her. She had a hickey on her neck and I swear to god I saw a bruise on her left wrist.

"Are you okay-"

"I'm fine." She cut me off, with a flat tone.

I looked her in the eyes one more time.

She was dressed in leggings, a jean jacket unbuttoned, revealing just a plain black t-shirt and white adidas shoes.

She doesn't even dress the same anymore.

-

Camila had herself locked away in her bedroom and wants no part in talking to any of us.

I wonder if I should tell her that I'm moving.

If it was the other way around I would want to tell her.

But she doesn't have the same heart anymore.

She's nothing the same. I feel like I'm looking at this stranger, like all of our memories have disappeared into thin air.

I wonder if she still thinks about me like I think about her.

I doubt it.

×××××××××××××

Adele's new song is so good it is blessing my ears so magically I can't

Vote, comment

Update soon?