Twenty Four

Camila

"You hear about Madison and Jack?" Mani asked me, setting her lunch tray down.

"No, I don't care about either of them."

"You will when you hear this." Mani caught my attention.

I turned and faced her, "Enlighten me."

"Yesterday after school they were arguing in front of everyone and Jack broke up with her."

I shrugged, "So?" I furrowed my eyebrows seeing this as a waste of time.

"He broke up with Madison because he's still in love with you, don't you get it?" Mani asked.

"I understand it, but he's not my concern anymore." I shrugged again.

"He's moving Camila. You might not ever see him again." Mani reminded me.

"Isn't that a good thing? All that boy did to me was rip me to shreds."

"He's saved your life, Camila." Mani whispered.

I felt my stomach turn and twitched my eyebrows together.

Did he ever tell anyone our secrets, my secrets?

Did he ever tell anyone I want to leave Fifth Harmony? or that night at Hawks Point where I attempted suicide again?

"Without him you probably would have killed yourself or something, he made you feel wanted. Didn't he?"

I tried to not show any sign of relief.

She doesn't know about Hawks Point.

Maybe no one does.

"Until he dumped me for his ex girlfriend." I mumbled.

"His mom died Camz, I think that really started to mess with his head. Did you give him a chance to cope?"

Now that I may think about it, maybe I didn't. But I don't care anymore.

"Doesn't matter, what's done is done. I don't want to be even friends with him."

"He broke up with Madison for you. He's been through a lot lately. You know his dad might die too?" Mani asked me.

I snapped my neck in her direction. "What?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yeah, he got into this bad car accident last night. That's why Jack isn't at school today. He's in a coma."

I left my mouth hang open and I wasn't exactly sure what to say.

"Jack will be okay." I mumbled, and tried brushing it off.

"Okay? That's all you have to say?"

"Well, yeah. What else am I supposed to say?"

"At least show a little more sympathy for the poor boy."

-

I looked down at my wrist and quickly pulled down my sleeve.

This felt so weird, I walked past doctors, and nurses and family members of patients in the ICU.

What would Jack think of me now?

I stood in front of the waiting room door, and left out a deep breath before walking in.

The room was small and almost empty besides Jack sitting there watching tTV while his right leg bounced up and down, he does that when he's nervous.

Our eyes locked, but he quickly looked away and pursed his lips almost shaking his head at me it seemed like.

I sat next to him without saying a word, and he didn't even look at me.

"I'm sorry about your dad." I looked at him, his eyes were fixed on the TV and I think he was trying his hardest to not look at me.

"I am too." He stared at the TV.

"I heard about you and Madison." I said after minutes passed with neither of us saying a word.

"That's nice." His tone flat.

"You're welcome for coming." I glared.

"I didn't ask you to come." He glanced at me for not even a second.

"What's your problem?" I said getting irritated.

"I knew if I pulled a you on you, you wouldn't like that shit." He mumbled.

"What'd you say?"

"Nothing, Camila. I think it's best if you just leave." He turned away from me completely.

"Why?"

"Cause I don't want you to see me."

"What?"

"I don't want to see you." I tired to get him to turn and look at me but he didn't.

"What did I do-"

"Isn't this what you wanted?" He raised his voice, "You don't want to even be my friend, you said it yourself so just fucking leave." He snapped, turning back to face me.

I may have took things too far.

"You know I don't mean it-"

"If you don't mean it then don't fucking say it. I'm not Cameron, I never will be. You've got me replaced so just make it easy for the both of us and just....leave." Frustration was all you could hear in his words.

He's right, he never will be Cameron.

And I'm glad he won't.

"I know you're frustrated and that's okay-"

"Please," he cut me off. "Don't pity me. You and I both know that if my dad wasn't in a coma you would not talk to me."

He was so cold, he didn't want my comfort and maybe now I could see why.

Silence lapsed, and minutes passed too where we both just stared off into space, thinking.

"I'm sorry I hurt you while I was hurting. Yesterday in English class, Mr. Thompson wanted us to say what the difference is between love and hate and I swear to God I almost said your fucking name." Jack didn't look at me.

"You're not coming back, are you?" I stared at him, hoping he would look back at me.

"I don't plan on it." He glanced at me.

"Why not?"

"There's nothing here that's worth coming back for anymore."

×××××××××××××

Double update!

Vote, comment