Twenty Six

Camila

I don't need Jack.

I've survived 5 months without him and I can surely do it again.

"Camila." Cameron snapped me from my thoughts.

I turned and faced him, "You better not be thinking about Jack." Cameron warned.

Did he know about my hospital visits to Jack and his dad?

He can't, or he would already get mad.

I wonder when Jack is leaving for New York.

Shut up Camila.

"You what?" Cameron yelled.

Did I just say that out loud?

Oh fuck.

"Nothing, Cam."

"Why do you wonder when Jack is leaving? So you can give him one last goodbye kiss?" My stomach churned and I stepped back from Cameron.

"No, Cam I would never do that to you. I hate Jack-"

"Shut up, I know about you seeing him at the hospital. So much for doing homework every night." He referred to my lie I kept telling him about when I would go see Jack.

It's only been two days since Jack and I argued and I showed him my arm.

Now, I was terrified if Cameron was going to hit me or not.

"Cameron, I-"

"You fucking lied to me to see your ex boyfriend!" Cameron yelled at the top of his lungs.

I put my hands up, trying to calm him down. "Cameron, stop please....I would never cheat on you-"

"Shut the fuck up!" He yelled.

Jack

I closed my locker as I saw Camila walking past me.

"Camila." I called after her.

She kept walking.

"Camila, hey I'm talking to you-" when I touched her arm she quickly pulled away and turned her face towards me.

"Don't touch me," her voice was so shaky. "Please." Her voice cracked.

Her head was kept down and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Hey, look at me." My voice softened.

"No, Jack I have to get to class-"

"That's bullshit since when were you ever on time for first hour." I said not even expecting an answer from her.

We both knew she was lying.

Well, maybe it was only just me.

"Camila, look at me. What's wrong?"

"Jack, you don't need to take care of me or worry about me or care about me at all I can take care of myself-"

"I know you can." She wanted to look up, but she didn't.

"But please, let me see your arms and your face. Look at me, for one second. Please." I begged.

"Don't be mad, Jack. You can't be mad." She spoke quickly.

"Just show me."

"He didn't mean it, Jack. Please, just don't be mad or say anything if I show you."

I slowly nodded and she slowly looked up at me, and rolled up her long sleeves.

Blue, black and brown bruises were everywhere, a deep gash was on her right arm that had to have been from getting hit with something glass, her face had a small bruise on her forehead but I could've sworn she covered up more of it with makeup.