Thirty Three

Camila 

It made no sense, I woke up the next morning and he was gone.

The bed was perfectly made, almost looking untouched.

"Jack?" I called out, walking towards the kitchen.

No answer.

"Jack?" I peeked my head in the living room.

No one was there, and I looked out the window.

His car was gone, which means he left.

Hell, he left before the sun even probably rose.

Last night made no sense to me.

I sighed, running my fingers through my hair, thinking and went to go grab my keys.

Sam

There was a knock at our door, I got up from the couch and when I opened the front door Camila stood there.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Where's Jack?" She asked, trying to peak her head past me to look.

"Not here. Why?"

"Damnit. Forget it." She shook her head and turned around to leave.

"Wait," I reached out and grabbed her hand.

"Don't touch me!" She pulled away, terrified.

"I need to find Jack." She was so determined.

"I can help you-"

"No," she cut me short. "But thank you. I can do this. I have to do this myself."

Before I could even respond she walked out the front door and left.

Jack

"God damn you Jack." I heard. I turned, and Camila was getting out of her car.

"I've been looking for you all fucking day you had me worried." She almost sounded like a mom, I couldn't help but smile a little.

"What are you smiling for? That pisses me off, my God you're all the way up at Hawks Point and-"

"I must be really important to you." I cut her short.

"....Well, yeah. I have to look out for you.." She paused, and looked down thinking about something.

"Just....like you have to look out for me." She thought out loud as she slowly looked back up at me.

I furrowed my eyebrows and she shook her head, "I'm sorry for everything." She sighed and stood next to me looking out at the view.

The sun was setting now, and the sun hit her face with a small orangish tint.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"Why did you come up here? Why out of all the places you came here?" She turned to me, suddenly asking.

"I don't know, I just kept driving around until I saw this." I shrugged.

"Oh." Camila slowly looked away from me.

"Why did you apologize?"

"Because I needed to, God Jack if you knew some of the things I said to you and the things I did you would hate me."

"I.....don't think I could ever hate you."

"You don't know who I am." Camila shook her head without looking at me.