Eighteen

Camila

"Sofia and you can sleep in one of the guest rooms." Jack said, opening up his front door and entering his house.

"You're not only child?" I asked looking at a family photo of Jack and what seems to be his parents when he was probably only in kindergarten, sitting next to two other little girls.

"No." He quickly answered, he seemed like he didn't want to talk about it so I didn't mention it. But it was weird to me that he has two sisters and never once said a word about them.

"Your house is really nice." Sofia said, looking round, changing the subject.

Which, I was too and I agreed with her.

His house was nice but it wasn't overly big like a mansion but still, this house was very nice.

Everything seemed like new.

"Thank you." Jack smiled at her, Sofia smiled back and Jack led us upstairs to the guest rooms.

"Sofia can stay in here, and you can stay in there." Jack pointed to two doors.

"I don't need my own room, Sofia and I can share-"

"Nah, no one uses these rooms it's no big deal."

Sofia ran into her room and began searching around and looking out the window.

"I mean, you could stay in my room-"

"I'd be intruding." I picked up my suitcase but Jack stopped me.

"I can take that for you."

"I can take it for myself, I'm capable."

He reached for the handle, but I pulled it away.

"I can do it myself."

"But you don't have to."

"I can do it." I said, Jack put his hands up in surrender and I rolled my suitcase into the second room.

-

"You're a very pretty girl, Camila." Jacks mother spoke.

She looked so frail, and weak in her hospital bed.

I knew before she got sick she must have been beautiful, her eyes are sunken in, and just by looking at her she looks very tired.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"No, thank you." She smiled back very small.

We were left alone, as Jack and his dad went to go get lunch, Sofia was actually sleeping next to me in a chair quietly, so I guess we weren't totally alone.

"For what?"

Katherine sat up a little and just looked at me.

She obviously was thinking about me, but I don't know what about exactly.

"Before Jack went to Bayview-I will not sugar coat anything here but, as I was saying, he was.....self-centered, and wanted nothing to do with.....a relationship. Now that he's come back, he's different. I good different. He's the same sweet boy I knew before he got famous. I think you're the best thing that's happened to him-"

"I....wouldn't go that far. I think Jack learned to change on his own."

Katherine stared at me again, thinking.

"With the help of you of course. I'm very sorry to hear about your parents by the way, I don't even think I would be able to just imagine what you went through."