Four

Jack

"You know..." Lauren smirked. "My parents won't be home tonight...maybe you could come over and-"

"No thanks." I cut her off, slamming my locker shut. I turned my head and saw Camila walking in the hall with Johnson and Dylan.

I pushed past her, and joined her side.

"Hey." I smiled, she gave me a small smile and looked to her other side.

"Shouldn't you be exchanging saliva with Lauren?" She fake smiled at me.

"No, I ended things with her."

"Congratulations, Sweetheart." She said in a not meaningful tone.

Johnson and Dylan were caught up in their own conversation so I whispered to Camila.

"I didn't say anything about yesterday. You know, about the principals office."

She pulled her eyebrows together, and looked me in the eyes.

"Why?"

It obviously came as a shock to her, and I shrugged.

"Because it's not their business."

She sort of gave me a faint half smile, "Thank you."

I shrugged again.

"Now we have our own little secret to share." She whispered in my ear, getting on her tip toes.

-

Today for lunch, since it was nice out everyone was forced to eat outside.

Instead of sitting with my usual group, I spotted Camila sitting by herself on a bench eating.

Not caring what anyone else thought, I went over and sat next to her.

"Sometimes I wish I lived far away from here." Camila said the second I sat down.

"Like, Hawaii. I love Hawaii. Have you ever been there?" She turned to me, I shook my head.

"It's beautiful, really. I love touring, I mean maybe not the weird things we sometimes have to wear but I love traveling. One day I want to go to the moon and eat bananas on the moon. That'd be my dream." I burst out laughing until I noticed she was completely serious.

"Sorry." I chuckled.

"What's your dream, pretty boy?" She asked un-peeling her banana.

"Me?" I pointed at myself.

"Obviously, there's no one else sitting next to me." She rolled her eyes.

"I don't know." I shrugged, taking a bite of my sandwich.

"Well, there's a start." She said sarcastically with a mouthful of banana.

"Don't talk with your mouth full, it's gross."

"Sorry." She said still with her mouthful.

I just chuckled and she looked out at the courtyard, the wind was blowing on her face and she looked like a supermodel.

She's so pretty.

No she's not.

"Why are you sitting with me?" She turned to me.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I mean, don't you have other friends....the popular, cool ones."

"No."

I mean, I do but I like her better. I feel more normal talking to her than those guys.

I feel more myself.