Twenty Eight

Camila

I woke up to my phone ringing and a call from Sam popped up on my screen.

I slowly answered and put the phone up to my ear.

"Can this wait till the morning?" I mumbled, half asleep.

"Camila," he sniffled. "It's Jack, he's hurt."

"What did he do this time?" I rolled my eyes.

"He didn't do anything, God he got into a fucking car accident."

"How bad is it?" I got up from my bed.

"His dad died this morning, Camila. Jack could have fucking brain damage-He might die."

Time froze, and my ears were ringing, my phone slowly slipped from my fingertips and it fell to the ground as I stared blank.

Why wouldn't he tell me about his dad?

He didn't seem sad earlier today.

I can't believe I didn't know.

Oh my god.

All I did as stare blankly at my wall, this can't be happening.
-

I was physically sick to my stomach when I saw a picture of Jack's car from the accident.

I felt like I was going to vomit and all that seeing the picture did was make me cry harder.

"How did this happen? Why him? Why out of all the people it had to be him?" I cried to Dinah.

"Funny how you act like you love him now that he might die." Johnson mumbled under his breath.

"Excuse me?" I turned to him.

"You heard me. If this wasn't all happening right now you know for damn sure you wouldn't be crying about him, acting like he's your boyfriend."

"Jack-"

"No, it's fucking true she showed up at our damn front door and yelled at Jack for everything for no reason. You only come back into his life when he needs pity, just like about his dad." Johnson spat, cutting off Sam.

"How are you going to say that and act like I'm the one to blame for all this? He ended things with me."

"Don't fucking blame, Jack. All he's done lately is stand up for you and not once has he yelled at you when you sure as hell deserved it. You've treated him like shit and told him you hated him. Why would you say that? How dare you come to our house and say those things to him? You're lucky he didn't lash out on you-"

"Shut up Johnson." I tried cutting him off.

"Once he wakes up I don't want you in his fucking room since you said you hated him." Johnson remarked, mocking my last words to Jack.

"You can't tell me if I can or can't be in his room. I want to see him-"

"That's such fucking bullshit, Camila. God, everything you say anymore is bullshit. I'm so fucking disappointed in you, I truly am. You only care about Jack when bad things happen. I know Jack hasn't been perfect to you, but think about all this shit he has done for you."

"He can't get mad at me for doing things I didn't ask him to do, he didn't have to do all those things. I never asked for any of those things." I replied coldly.

"Well I don't know, Camila maybe he did those things without permission because he fucking loves you. God, fuck you Camila." Johnson stared at me for a few seconds, and the waiting room fell silent. Johnson quietly walked out of the waiting room without saying a word.

-

"We have some good news...and some bad news," I heard the doctor explain to Johnson. Johnson nodded and continued for him to talk.

"Jack is awake, and if you like, you can see him." Those were the only words the doctor could say before everyone sprinted to his room.

He's going to be okay. I thought.

I opened Jacks door and Jack was laying in his hospital bed, he had a big gash on his arm and cuts and bruises scattered around his face. Johnson was already in there, sitting in a chair looking from Jack to me.

"Jack," I spoke. He turned away from the tv and turned to me.

He slightly twitched his eyebrows together as I walked closer and closer to his bedside.

"I'm so happy you're okay." I smiled.

"Thank you, but...who are you?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows.

I almost chuckled, shocked. "Alright jokes over, Jack. Come on you know who I am." I smiled.

Jack kept the same confused look on his face, "I truly am sorry, forgive me....but I don't know who you are." He looked me up and down.

By now, everyone was filled in the room and so was the doctor.

-

"You didn't let me finish," the doctor explained to all of us in the hallway. "Jack doesn't remember the past year of his life. He may not remember some of you."

My heart slowly sank down to the floor.

"So he doesn't remember me." I concluded out loud, speaking to no one in particular.

"Wait, so if he doesn't remember the past year....he's going to have to relive his mom and dads death....all over again." Johnson stared blank.

"Is his memory going to come back?" Sam asked.

"We aren't sure, it could take months for him to remember....or he may never remember." The doctor explained.

He doesn't remember me.

Jack doesn't know who I am.

Someone wake me up from this nightmare.

×××××××××××××

Yay I have finals tomorrow(((((: kill me(:

Two updates, two days in a row!

Vote, comment!