Nineteen

Camila

"Fuck, today blows." Jack sighed.

"It will be okay, Jack. All of this will be okay." I looked him up and down.

His white button up sleeves were rolled up to about his elbows and he looked so broken.

The bags under his eyes were darker than anyone's I've ever seen, and just looking into his eyes you could easily tell he wanted to cry.

He sighed again, "Sure."

Today was only the visitation and I can't imagine how he will be at the funeral.

-

The visitation felt so awkward, and I feel so out of place.

Jack was constantly talking to people, and clearly Katherine knew a lot of people.

The church was crowded, and I couldn't help but just feel like this is my parents visitation all over again.

I know I sound selfish when this isn't even my parents funeral, but I can't help it.

Sofia seemed to be taking a lot of people's attention, not in a bad way but a lot more people seemed interested in her than me, asking her who she is and who I am.

"You okay?" I almost jumped at the voice I turned my head and was very confused at the person sitting next to me.

"I'm sorry, but...do I know you?" The blonde hair boy shook his head.

"I'm Big Mike....or just Mike. I'm Gilinsky's friend." He extended his hand, and I shook it.

"Camila." I smiled.

"You're Gilinsky's girlfriend Huh?" He said looking me up and down, surprised.

"You seem surprised?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You just aren't the way I pictured you when I found out Jack had a new girlfriend down in California."

"Is....that a bad thing?"

He shook his head, "You seem kinda quiet, sweet......Jack hasn't ever really gone for that type in years."

He shifted his eyes over towards Jack as he was talking to I think an uncle.

I did too, and a pretty brunette walked towards Jack and they both smiled at each other, and hugged.

And I mean hugged.

Mike must have noticed my awkward and confused stare, because he spoke.

"That's Emily Glazer....Jack's.....friend." He said the word 'friend' like he wasn't even sure of their label.

And that just made my stomach hurt.

"They were a thing before....weren't they?" I asked, still watching the two talk like they haven't seen each other in years.

"Yeah...until he went to California."

"So....technically they never had any closure, and when there's no closure....there's still feelings and when there's feelings there's actions made and usually...someone ends up getting hurt...."

Mike furrowed his eyebrows at me, but I still looked back at Jack and Emily.

They were both smiling and she touched his hand, and they both looked down at it, and I swore his smile grew on his face when they touched.

"I will probably be that someone." I concluded.

-

The visitation was over, and Emily was still here. Talking to Jack.