Chapter 16

Tobin's POV;

"Make love to me, Tobin" Alex's voice rang throughout her head. The words replaying over and over. Tobin wished she could capture this sentence forever & replay it whenever she wanted to hear it.

Tobin knew very well that Alex was wasted, but she also knew it wasn't their first time having sex. She didn't want to take advantage of the younger girl, but apart of her wanted to believe that Alex knew exactly what she was doing. Something about tonight felt different to Tobin. Alex had just asked her to be her girlfriend, and even though the striker is drunk right now, Tobin's mom always told her "A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts" that applied to this, right?

"Alex, I don't know," Tobin begins, hesitant to fulfil Alex's request. "You're drunk and I don't want to feel like I'm using you. And I want you to remember this in the morning" Tobin finishes, resting back on Alex's hips to examine her face more fully.

Alex frowns slightly at Tobin's words, but then she begins to speak. "Then make me remember, Tobin" Alex smirks, pulling on Tobin's neck to connect their lips.

"Alex, I can't. I'm sorry. It won't feel right" She states, climbing off the younger girl.

As Tobin is making her way to Alex's bedroom door to leave, the raspy voice beckons for her.

"You're not even gonna sleep with me?" She speaks, her voice soft & drowsy.

Tobin turns around to see the younger girl curled up under the white bed sheets, looking at Tobin with pleading eyes.

Tobin smiles at the adorable sight and makes her way back to Alex's bed. She pulls the covers over herself and Alex snuggles into the older girl's side.

"I love you" Alex whispers, causing Tobin to grin widely.

"I love you too" She replies, running one of her slender fingers through Alex's brown locks.

A few minutes pass by and Tobin keeps replaying the pair's conversation from tonight in her mind. She glances over at Alex and sees she's out cold. Going to close her own eyes, she hears rustling from outside the room. The midfielder concludes that it must be Kelley coming back, so she slowly gets out of the bed and quietly leaves the room to make sure the defender is alright & isn't too mad at the pair for leaving her.

"Hey Kel" Tobin whispers, turning on the kitchen light.

"Thanks alot for leaving me there! I could have got roofied or something!" The younger girl yells, the sudden volume raise causing Tobin to close her eyes.

"Shhh," Tobin coos, placing a finger to her own lips. "Alex is asleep" She finishes, sitting down on the barstool.

Kelley sits down beside her and takes a sip from the glass of water she poured herself.

"Okay, speaking of Alex. What is going on with you 2, because um, I saw you guys out on the dancefloor" Kelley blushes, causing Tobin to do the same thing.

"Nothing, we were just dancing" Tobin shrugs, stuffing her hands into Alex's sweater pocket.

A loud laugh escapes Kelley's lips as she throws her head back in amusement. "Yeah okay, you were practically banging on the dancefloor!" The defender cries.

Tobin wasn't sure if she should continue the facade or come clean. She knew Kelley wasn't dumb & was gonna figure it out at one point. And she concluded it'd be best to just tell the girl right now. She knew Alex would do the same if the roles were reversed.

"Because I saw Servando there, and I know you guys had to have seen him. So I asked him if he saw you or Alex and he just ignored me!" The defender states, waving her arms around as she talks.