Never Wanted Any More Than To Love And Be Loved.

Drew's P.O.V: 

I stopped at a kids play park that was mostly empty this early in the morning. I went over to the swing and swung as high as the chain would allow, closing my eyes and throwing my head back. I heard someone approaching and slowed down, thinking that it was a kid wanting a go on the swing and I didn't want to be the weird guy who hogged the swing. When I opened my eyes though it was Barronè. "Are you okay Drew?" he asked, I looked away and nodded. "Why won't you tell the guys about us? They wouldn't mind, you know they wouldn't." He came closer now that the swing was motionless and he wasn't in danger of me accidentally kicking him. "You know why." I whispered. We've had this conversation countless times before, I've told him that nobody can know because if my family find out they'll hate me. When I was young my own father used to make jokes about gay people and speak down about them whenever he had the chance. It was a way of making himself feel better I'm sure. Not only that but whilst I was in school I used to be constantly ridiculed for my "emo" and "Gothic" attire, my peers had presumed I was gay because I occasionally wore eyeliner to school and there seemed to be no limit to the amount of jokes they could make about my sexuallity. The ironic thing is that I wasn't even gay back then, it wasn't until I met Barronè. I couldn't bare the thought having to go through the trauma of my school life all over again. 

Barronè looked at me sadly, "If you can't be honest about our relationship then I don't see why I should stick around. I need a boyfriend who can love me,not someone who's ashamed of me." He turned and walked away. 

"Shane! Please don't go, I do love you. I promise." I called, running after him. 

"Then admit it, even if you just tell the rest of the band that's enough. I just want to know that you're not ashamed of me." 

"You know I"m not ashamed of you Barronè, you know why I can't tell them." Barronè shook his head.  

"Forget it Drew, I can't be with you anymore."