Three Days Since. (Part Six.)

Kiers POV:

l spun around, expecting to see a car speeding towards me. instead l see two elderly people driving slowly towards me, they're currently about twenty metres away and at the speed they're traveling at they probably wouldn't reach me for another two minutes at least. I turn back to Kier and step back onto the pavement besides him. All the colour has drained from his face, he looks like he'd honestly been expecting me to die. His eyes are wide and horrified, tears threatening to spill out. l place a hand gently on his arm. "Are you okay Luke?" l ask him cautiously, not wanting to cause him any offence.

"l- yeah. lt's just... Drew. Y'know? l can't look at a car without thinking about him. About what Shane saw. l'm always so, so afraid that it could happen again." His usually calm voice wobbles slightly and a lone tear escapes the confines of his dark eye lashes. He angrily pushes it away with the ball of his hand, as ever trying to remain the strong one.

l hesitate, considering what do say or do to comfort him. Coming up with nothing l just lead him gentle towards the road and, after checking that there was absolutely no vehicles coming, lead him across to continue our journey home. Neither one of us really knows what to say, whether we should discuss Luke's feelings or change the subject. We opted for neither and walked the remaining distance in an uncomfortable silence.

Luke unlocks the door to our flat quietly, and we close it behind us equally quietly. The apartment next door is occupied by a single mother who has an adorable two month old son, if we don't close the doors quietly he'll wake up and keep the residents of all three apartments on our floor awake for at least an hour. Luke pulls of his converses and heads into the living room whilst l struggle with the laces of my own. I've just managed to untangle the first one when l hear Luke's voice.

"K-Kier? Can you get in here please?"