Angelfucked Breakfast

We walk together, the warmth of his hand upon mine while I smile nonstop because the light of my life has come back into my arms. God never created such a wonderful day as this one before, except for the evening in which he first kissed me.

Suddenly I am startled by Piper and Mattey who out of nowhere run into us and hug me tightly, we laugh together, teary eyed, The Angelfucks are one again.

It's still morning and none had eaten so we walk into a restaurant by the airport and sit round a booth. Joe and I on one side and Mattey and Piper on the other.

"How dare you try leave us, fucker!" demands Piper as we accommodate ourselves.
"I'm sorry! But you gotta see it from my perspective, I didn't have a reason to stay in England anymore."
"Well thank you, that makes us feel special" states Mattey sarcastically
Piper continues, "What about the band? you forgot about how bad ass we are? Never mind Joe, if he's an idiot it doesn't mean the rest of us don't need you."
"I've still got ears ya know?"
Piper gives him a sardonic smile.
"I'm sorry" I repeat, "you're right, I was just really upset"
Joe places his arms around my neck and leans in to kiss my cheek, "I'm sorry I upset you, I wasn't thinking straight"
I pout at him, "No I was being ridiculous," we kiss.

"ugh" "ew" Piper and Mattey begin to whine like little kids who catch their parents kissing,
"come on, you were apart three days not a year, compensate for it later" pleads Mattey.
Joe and I laugh, still holding one another.
"It may have been three days but it felt like an eternity" he replies, making me flush.

the waiter comes, Piper, Mattey and I order Coffee with Bacon and Eggs, Joe gets oatmeal and Tea.
"why do you always order stuff like that, are you like, allergic to meat?" asks Piper
I burst out laughing at how cute she is.
"What?"
"I'm not allergic, it's called being vegetarian."
"right. I knew."

I sigh realizing that just because we're okay with each other, doesn't mean Joe will stay.
"So when does the tour start?"
"I don't know exactly but frankly I don't care if I'm not allowed to bring you along."
"Don't say that, you have to go! We'll keep in touch and I could even travel to see you here and there."
"Yeh that's what Mick and I will do" says Mattey sounding bummed.
"But why aren't we allowed to come? I'm practically part of the band" I whine.

"The bus is only big enough for us and the Damned, who will be our support group.
Plus the company will pay for the hotel and plane tickets, limited as well to us and the Damned."
"Well shit, those fuckers should just give their space to the Angelfucks, we are better."
Joe gives Piper a delighted look, "at last you say something useful"
"Excuse me?" she asks slightly offended.
Joe straightens up wide eyed and proposes, "What if instead of the Damned, the Angelfucks opened for The Clash? I mean, we just need to convince the manager but he's a good lad, and friend. He'll explain Dave and the others. Fuck, they'll be pissed but I don't care, I'll have my angel with me."

The three of us look at each other electrified at the idea exclaiming
"yes! yes! yes!"
I hug Joe, "you're a genius."
He laughs, "Thank Piper, she inspired the idea."
I smile at her as she proudly flips her straight hair over her shoulder.