Hold Me Now

I'm about to step into the building, then
"Candy!" I keep walking, "Angel! please, don't run from me again"
I stop teary eyed, secretly relieved that he came after me.
He steps in front of me, I look down at the blood trailing from his quivering upper lip.
"I fucked up, forgive me" he stops to breathe,
"or don't, but please don't keep me from yourself. Go ahead and sleep with Paul if you want, but don't leave me.
Don't you know how much I need you? Don't you know how much I love you?"
I look up into his big, sleepy, dark brown eyes that I so much adore and begin to cry, "I don't wanna sleep with Paul or anyone else,
I just want you imbecile."
The corners of his lips curl up, he holds me tightly in his arms as I begin to feel his own tears land on my shoulder.
"I love you," his raspy low voice whispers, "stay with me."
My stomach feels fluttered, oh how I love his voice, especially when he whispers those three words combined.
"I wouldn't wanna be anywhere else but here in your arms, love you too.
I'll always love you Joe."
He looks me in the eyes, our bodies still entwined
"I'm an idiot, I don't know why I cheated but I promise you I'll never do it again. I don't need anyone but you."
"I'm one as well" I admit.
"No, you're perfect, too perfect for me."
I shake my head, "I'm just as flawed, Friday I"
I sigh, "I slept with someone else."
He frowns a little, then says "don't worry, nothing and no one can change what we have."
I smile, tears of joy trail down my cheek, he speaks in ways that make the world brighter, warmer, happier.
I kiss his downturned pink lips which feel soft like rose petals, I can taste the blood from his wound, he pulls away a little, smiling.
"That kinda hurts" he says, I laugh slightly,
"Sorry, we should place some ice on it."
He shakes his head "for you I'll handle pain," he kisses me again lifting me up into his arms, my legs embracing his waist.

"The world makes sense again!" A familiar voice yells out.
We end the passionate hurting kiss to find Mick standing smiling at us, behind him are the rest of the caravan walking off the elevator.
"Whoa what happened to your lip? Candy you could've caused his teeth to fall out" he continues taking a closer look at Joe.
"It wasn't me"
"Then who?"
"Just a small argument with Paul but nothing to over-analyze" Joe says.
Mick looks confused as do the others when they spot us. Piper gives me a thumbs up probably thinking, as Mick, that I did the damage...until Paul walks into the lobby.
"You two had a brawl and we fucking missed it?!" asks Topper
"It was nothing, Joe just doesn't know how to shut it."
Joe takes a step towards Paul with scorn, "you're lucky I was held back."
"Whoa, okay, relax mates, relax. We don't wanna get in trouble again now do we?" Says Kosmo stepping between the two, then in a lower voice "figure it out by tonight if you don't want the band to go down the drain. Thanks."
***
I placed ice on Joe's lip and Piper on Paul's eye, then they apologized deciding to forget what happened, their friendship mattered more.
I too forgave Paul, assuring him things were still fine between us. He's still my hot friend that I want to, but won't bone. And I guess I'm still that to him as well. Unless of course Joe agrees to a three-way adventure, then we could all be pleased...
I'm kidding! I'm kidding!
Or am I?