igniting an audience

(Enjoy that pic of me on the header being savage af lmao)

"Good evening" I speak into the microphone
"Who's ready to get fucked up?!" The crowd cheers upon Piper's question.
"Tonight we're starting off with a song I composed about the town I grew up in" I say, "you may have heard of it, a little place down the west called Hollywood."
Mattey exclaims "1, 2, 3, 4!" Indicating Piper to hit the E string of her bass, I play an E minor and begin to sing changing my natural soprano voice into a low raspy tone- my punk voice.
"Who came along for the ride? Hey! you can't come inside.
Do the citizens kneel for sex?
It's heaven cumming on her chest."
Piper and Mattey join in on the chorus, "Hollywood Babylon!"
I keep moving as much as I am able whilst playing and singing, banging my head, my hair jumps up and down with me.
First song's done, I can feel sweat running down my neck.

"You fuckers need something faster don't you?" Asks Piper to the hardly awake crowd. Then I continue, "this is a song about your mother!"
We sing in unison, Mattey hits the drums hard and steady joining in on the chorus. The lyrics;
"Attitude! You got some fucking attitude!
I can't believe what you say to me, you got some attitude!
INSIDE YOUR FEEBLE BRAIN THERE'S PROBABLY A WHORE!
if you don't shut your mouth YOU'RE GONNA FEEL THE FLOOR!"
we flip off the audience.

I can tell the dark ocean of peering heads is finally jumping, pushing, yelling, doing what every audience should. I catch my breath when Piper takes the lead on vocals with our cover of "Cherry Bomb."
We perform 6 more songs switching, I sing the songs that require a hoarse voice since Piper's is glazed with silk like the voice of a child. I realize then that we are much alike The Clash, I would be Joe and she'd be Mick, vocally-wise.

To end the 10 song set we do "Angelfuck" a song I wrote based on what I used to be called by an old boyfriend, where I got the band name from.
"Little Angelfuck its a shame your luck is the only thing" I point at a guy in the crowd, "Did you like the fun? Did you like the times that I promised you?!"
***
We walk backstage all tired and sweaty, The Clash play now.
"We did great!" Says Mattey smiling, she hugs us.
"Yeah!"
I gulp down a water bottle and nod agreeing with them, "we should get a lead guitarist."
"Lead? for what you sound good" says Mattey
"Thanks but still It'd be nice to have some lead parts, plus I'd like to just sing in some songs you know, to be able to move around stage."
Piper replies, "but you already move a lot"
"really?"
"yeah" both agree.
"I don't know I wanna be like Iggy"
They laugh.
Mattey, "We could ask around, maybe the guys know of someone."
"Yeah but it has to be a girl"
"Definitely" I agree with Piper, "Scotland's next innit?"
"I think Mick mentioned it, yeah"
"We can get a Scottish femme into the caravan"
"I thought they only played the bagpipes."
We laugh together and head back out, we join Lily to observe how great our babes are performing.

A dear Thank You to all those faithful readers who are reading this. I really appreciate the votes, critique/comments are always welcome, Much Love - Candy xx