The Teacher: Part I Unchained, Chapter 22

CHAPTER 22

HOLDEN WAS FINALLY ABLE TO get through to me. I managed to stop the stream of soul energy in time and both girls recovered by morning. Holden got them a cab and they left before breakfast.

"That was close. I told you it wasn't going to be easy. Maybe you'll listen to me from now on," Holden scolded, making me feel like a misbehaving student being reprimanded by a mean ruler-smacking nuns in a Catholic grade school.

"You were right...I certainly have lots to learn about what it means to be a Disciple. Anyway, nobody died and I feel amazing again, thanks to you."

"Yes, but what will happen next time if I'm not around? Do you understand now what has to be done?" Holden persisted.

"I think so...I should slowly reverse the flow of energy and when that happens I'll be able to break the link."

"There's one situation I didn't tell you about. If you've allowed your energy reserves to get too low before you begin feeding, you run the risk of completely draining the soul out of the person you're feeding on and when that happens they will die. So, you need to feed regularly so that doesn't happen."

"I'll try to remember...is there anything else I should know about?"

"You might not be ready for this gift, this ability, but we all feel alone, and frustrated, and lost from time to time. The Guardian has made it possible to speak directly to him through an exchange of 3-D images, lifelike pictures he sends to your mind, like a movie, and you can talk back the same way. They're jumbled, though, yet each scene carries a message meant to be uplifting, nurturing, and enlightening."

"That sounds amazing...has it happened to you?"

"Yes, many times, and the meaning of the pictures will come when you're meditating. It's one way to know that as a Disciple you're growing in your faith."

"How can I have this experience?"

"Most of the time it's a gift that is just given to you, at other times it's something you can ask for."

"I see."

"So, what's your schedule again? Heading for Paris, then where after that?" Holden asked.

"Right...Paris, then Milan, Rome, back to New York, then home for the start of school. And you?"

"Our next gig is in Berlin, then Barcelona, Amsterdam, a flight to Chicago for a sold-out show at Soldier Field, and I should be back before classes begin as well!"

"I've been meaning to talk to you about that. Why do we even need school anymore? I'm still not where you are, but you're certainly ready to leave school behind," I suggested.

"No...no...you're looking at this all wrong. School is where the most receptive converts are. The older mortals are much harder to turn. Besides, a Disciple who's a member of a student body is like a shark swimming in a school of fish—when you need to feed, there's no shortage of two-legged prey to choose from."

"Does that mean you're planning to go to college?" I asked.

"Absolutely...I'm looking forward to college life and to getting a university degree, but we might have to transfer from one school to another if people get suspicious and react badly to what we're trying to accomplish."

"But Holden, you seem to know everything already, whatever subject or question that comes up, you know just what to say and you haven't even been to college yet?"

"This is another gift you'll have soon. All knowledge is stored in what we call the Omnitus Scientorum. It's like having a thought link to the ultimate version of Wikipedia and it does come in handy," Holden shared.