Bitten

"I'm sorry," I mumbled.

"It's-" The boy started.

"No it isn't. Flee now, girl." She interrupted.

I turned and ran inside the building. I raced to my locker, unlocked it, and stuffed my bag inside. I walked to my first class and saw the two from earlier sitting in the back. I sighed. Just great.

I sat down in the front of the classroom and pulled down my sleeves, making sure that it covered the new cut. I kept my head down as everyone entered the room.

"Eww! It's here." Alexis smirked.

I sighed. Great, I've been reduced to an "it" now. I ignored her comment and waited patiently for class to begin. When it finally started, I was so bored.

"Good morning class." The teacher said in a monotone voice.

"Good morning." Everyone groaned.

She looked through the class and smiled to herself.

"We have two new faces here today. Nice to meet you." She said.

Everyone turned their gaze to the two people in the back. The girls giggled and the boys just stared. I sighed and laid my head on the desk.

Would you two like to introduce yourselves?" The teacher asked.

"My name is Zero. I'm 18 and just moved here." He said in a smooth voice that sent chills down my spine.

"My name is Alaya." She said coldly.

Everyone was quiet for a minute, probably probably waiting for her to say more.

"Well Zero, Alaya, welcome to our school." She said.

"Thank you." They said in unison.

"Moving on then." She said. "Today we will be starting on a project."

Everyone groaned.

"I call Zero!" Most of the girls started to scream

"No!" The teacher yelled. "I will be picking the groups this time."

"Aww!" The girls whined.

I just sat there, silently laughing to myself.

"Ashley, Zero, and Alexis. You three are a group."

I quickly jumped to my feet.

"I refuse to work with her!" I shouted.

"And I refuse to work with that "it"!" She screamed.

"If you hadn't noticed, she's a bimbo!"

"And she's an unknown creature!" She replied.

"Girls that's enough! Now sit down." The teacher said.

I frowned and reluctantly sat down. Alexis argued a little more, and then sat down after running out of things to say in that twisted mind of hers.

When the teacher finished deciding the groups, we all made our separate ways. I slowly stood up and walked to the back where Zero was. Alaya looked at me harshly for a minute, then went back to work with her group.

As I was getting ready to sit next to Zero, Alexis grabbed me by the wrist and pushed me away from them, sending a sensation of pain into my body. I bit down on my tongue to keep from screaming out in pain. That was the last thing I needed

"Mrs. Sub, may I go to the restroom?" I asked.

"Yes." She replied.

I made a quick exit from class and into the restroom. I ran my arm underneath the water, rinsing the blood and letting the painful sensation go away. When I walked back into the classroom, the first thing I noticed was Alexis sitting in Zeros lap.