Lily- You're Mine And I'm Yours

Please play the song when Lily and James start dancing. I'll Be- Edwin McCain.

"That was quite the speech." I whisper to James.

"He's never making another speech again." James declares vehemently.

"Relax." I kiss his cheek. "It was funny and when Sirius gets married someday-"

"Lily, you're talking about the eternal stud." Sirius pipes up as he joins us at the head table. "I don't settle down." He chuckles.

"For the right girl." I argue with a grin.

"Oh." Sirius says suddenly.

"Padfoot?" James stares at his best mate.

"May I have a word with my sister-in-law?" Sirius asks James politely.

James raises an eyebrow. "Sure, brother." He grins. "Give her back to me soon though. Those professors gossip." He gestures to the table of our old Hogwarts professors. "I'd hate for there to be a scandal on our wedding night." James winks at me and leisurely strolls over to a table to talk with our guests.

"You and Marlene talked." Sirius says softly. His dark eyes seek mine for a moment.

"Yes." I say, and I think I know where this is going.

"Lily, I know that you're always trying to fix things, but the last thing I want right now is for you to get involved with trying to help Marlene and I work through our problems. You're her best friend and my best mate and brother's wife. You're also one of my closest friends. If things go wrong, I don't want you to have to pick sides. I made you do that once and it hurt your relationship with James."

I smile softly at Sirius. "I understand. Just please talk to Marlene. You both deserve something, whether it's closure or more. Don't spite yourself by ignoring this opportunity."

"I won't." He promises. Then he laughs. "Let's get you back to Prongs. I don't want to be accused of stealing his wife away." He guides me towards James.

"We're supposed to dance now, love." James says as he takes me into his arms. Together, we walk into the centre of the dance floor.

The soft music starts and we start dancing. I stare into James' eyes. This is it for me. James is my forever. I love him more than I ever thought possible.

The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful
Stop me and steal my breath
And emeralds from mountains thrust towards the sky
Never revealing their depth

James smiles at me. "You look so beautiful, Lily."

"Thanks." I whisper.

"You know, this is the happiest day of my life. I love you so much." James says as he gently spins me.

"I love you too, James."

Tell me that we belong together
Dress it up with the trappings of love
I'll be captivated
I'll hang from your lips
Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above

"I never thought this day would happen." I admit as James holds me close.

"Me either." James laughs. "I thought you'd always hate me."

"I don't think I ever really hated you."

"Oh that's reassuring." James smirks.

"Arse." I murmur fondly. I lean in and press my lips to his.

I'll be your crying shoulder
I'll be love's suicide
I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life

.................................
Hey. I know no excuse make up for me not updating. But I just had a week that came from hell for bad things. I just found out that I have to have another surgery on my leg and I'm really upset about it. It will be the second one within 13 months.
I wasn't in the right place to write something happy like this.