Lily- The Tragic End of Summer

The lake is still, like a glass mirror reflecting the sky. The morning air is silence and peaceful. It's the perfect-

"AGGH!"

"You better run! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!"

"Oi! There's no reason to fight!"

"I'LL KILL YOU NEXT, POTTER!"

I groan and slowly move away from the lake. So much for a peaceful morning. I walk back into our camp.

Remus smiles at me. "It's never a dull moment, is it?"

"Afraid so." I admit. "What happened?"

"Sirius stole your can of silly string and sprayed Alice. James started laughing and you can imagine what happened after."

"Sounds like our friends."

James walks towards us with an amused smirk on his face. He stops in front of me. Then, he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me to his chest. "Morning, love." He leans down and kisses me.

I blush and smack his chest. "James." I whine.

"Lily." He says in a mock whine of me. He presses his lips to mine again.

I push him back a little. "Not now."

"Later?" James says in a low husky voice, putting his mouth close to my ear. His lips tickle my ear.

"James, stop." I giggle.

"James, I really don't need to watch you snogging Lily." Remus says with an amused expression on his face.

I quickly step out James' embrace and blush again. "Sorry, Remus."

"It's fine."

"Trust me; that wasn't Remus' first time watching two people snogging." James laughs loudly.

I raise an eyebrow at him and clear my throat.

"I meant Sirius and his various girlfriends." He says a little too quickly.

"Suure." Alice interrupts. She gives James a look that has famously been dubbed the 'you're lucky that you're dating my best friend or I'd kill you' look.

"I hope that's what you meant," I tease.

"Do I even want to know what this is about?" Sirius asks warily.

"Not likely, mate." Frank says with a tired sigh. He looks exhausted.

"Are you okay, Frank?" I ask concernedly.

"This hasn't been much of a relaxing trip. I keep getting recalled to deal with situations in London." He frowns. "I got back here late last night."

"I haven't spoken to my parents lately," James admits. "Have you seen them?"

"Your parents are on their last mission. They just declared last week that they were retiring."

"Doesn't surprise me, really." James admits with a sad smile. "They're getting too old for this and I'm pleased that they're going to be able to enjoy their retirement."

"Hopefully, we'll get to see more of them." I exclaim.

"That would be nice." James agrees.

"We should probably clean up the camp, so that tomorrow won't be as difficult." Alice suggests as she serves muffins onto plates.

"That sounds like a good idea." Remus says.

"Unfortunately." Sirius mumbles.

Alice whips out her wand with a look of fiery. She waves her wand frantically.