Five.

"Angel..." I whispered, using Meredith's nickname.

She opened her eyes and smiled at me. "Hi."

I hugged her and nuzzled into her neck. She giggled. "What's with all the hugs?"

"I need love." I mumbled. She laughed and wrapped her legs around my waist.

"I love you. There, can we go and get breakfast now?" She joked.

"You go. Give me a minute." I said as she disappeared from the bedroom. Overnight as I lay awake, I had remembered something.

Something very important.

I had left my knife in the fucking bathroom yesterday! It was when I was seriously close to cutting but I didn't.

I'd got a knife and stood in front of the mirror, using all my willpower to stop myself. In the end I succeeded, and with completely untouched arms I had put the knife down so I could talk to Ashley.

I must have forgotten it.

When I stepped in the bathroom, my heart dropped. It wasn't there. Someone must have found it. Shit, shit, shit.

Fuck!

Whoever it was clearly hasn't thought of it as a big deal. With five out of six of our friendship group having cut before, this would have been mentioned if someone thought it was bad.

Phew. Looks like I'm in the clear. For now anyway.

As I dragged myself downstairs I looked in the doorway to see Kai and Meredith sitting opposite each other, smiling and laughing.

I hid around the corner and watched them for a moment. My Angel was laughing at his fucking jokes, and blushing when he talked.

What the fuck?

Hold on. I need to fucking calm down. Kai is my best friend, he'd never flirt with my girl, and Meredith is so loyal. Isn't she?

Damn. I'm going crazy.

When I walked in they both turned to look at me, and I swear they both looked a little suspicious. "Hi." Kai waved.

"Hey, dude." I grinned. Now to show what's truly mine.

I spun round Meredith's chair to face me, and I smashed my lips against hers, kissing her passionately.

She looked shocked and I pulled away after a minute. "Jesus." Kai's eyes were wide open. "You only saw her a minute ago."

I laughed softly, happy that I'd shown my dominance and that Meredith was my girlfriend. We loved each other.

"Devin..." Meredith blushed hotly. I smirked at her and stood up to get some breakfast.

"You guys want toast?" I asked sheepishly.

Fucking hell. I'm going mental. What's wrong with me? I'm being a super dick right now.

Ugh. Hopefully I'm just having a bad few days.